Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 11:06 AM
nra nra started this thread

72 posts, read 268,524 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am seeking opinion on M'boro schools. I have been reading and understand that the Siegel and blackman schools are very popular. We are soon going to start looking for homes in M'boro and want to buy in a good school district. Besides the above two schools, can anyone let me know how the below schools rate and is it worth to focus on the below school districts. Our budget is from 200-240K.

a)Mitchell Neilson Primary
b) Barfield
c)Wilson
d) Cason Lane

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by nra; 07-02-2007 at 12:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 04:06 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,978,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nra View Post
Hi,

a)Mitchell Neilson Primary
b) Barfield
c)Wilson
d) Cason Lane

Thanks in Advance
a) You might have trouble finding something in your price range (good thing). Most homes in that zone are much lower. The school is a neighborhood school, the last of a dying breed...at least here. They probably won't do as well on standardized tests and have a much higher percentage of students on free/reduced lunch, but from spending time in the school and w/the kids I think it's great. I would have no reservations about buying in this zone.

b,c,d) I have spent any time in, so I can't give any personal opinions, although all three are well liked (as most all schools here are). Barfield and Wilson and closer to the country and Cason Lane is kind of cookie cutter.

There's a good chance you'll be happy w/any of them.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:16 PM

66 posts, read 369,040 times
Cason Lane is a good school. It is on the west side with newer homes. Very nice area. Also look at Scales Elementary. It is just off of St. Andrews and is also a good school.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:20 PM

Thank you guys.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:15 PM

Another opinion needed. I visited the north side of the town and prefer it over the west. What is your opinion about the Roger Reeves elem school? I hear it is getting rezoned to the john pittard area. Should i buy a home there expecting good education. thanks

Old 07-07-2007, 12:46 PM

The John Pittard Elementary School would probably be fine, though I'm not sure of how it will be zoned in relation to the students who already attend Reeves Rogers Elementary. I would assume it will probably be bigger and some students currently zoned for Erma Siegel may now be zoned for John Pittard.

Did you find a home in DeJaurnette area near where the school is being built? Another north Murfreesboro elementary school is Erma Siegel Elementary.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:44 PM

Yes thts the area.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:55 PM

That's a really nice area (I live about a mile away). I used to run and bike all around the Pitts Lane, DeJaurnette, Alexander Blvd, and Osborne Lane area.

Where are you moving from? Have you checked out Reeves-Rogers website?

Old 07-08-2007, 11:05 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topropeprincess View Post
Cason Lane is a good school. It is on the west side with newer homes. Very nice area. Also look at Scales Elementary. It is just off of St. Andrews and is also a good school.
I second the Scales Elementary nomination. They take some awesome field trips there, and the staff never misses an opportunity to infuse their students with real-world knowledge.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:50 PM

relocating from chicago. Had been in m'foro for a week. Maybe i'll bump into you when am there. Will keep a lookout for you Mike. Thnks for all ur help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville