Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2010, 10:49 PM

372 posts, read 710,551 times

Advertisements

I am coming to Nashville near Christmas time to volunteer at a local church and am bringing my children along. I visited this past summer and stayed in 2 places, the first not too bad but the second, well I didn't feel too safe and would have left if my husband was not with me. There was a party outside our door.
I would like to know the best areas to stay in, this is not a slam anyone, we loved Nashville and look forward to coming back. We will be working in the vicinty of exit 74 A onto Old Hickory Road.

Another note, is there by chance a genealogy/historical association in the vicinty? Doing some research that has lead to a family there but beyond their names, I would like to find where they lived in town. Ty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 05:54 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Do you mean the exit off I-40 in the Hermitage area?

Old 10-21-2010, 06:47 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times
I looked at Google Maps and exit 74 must refer to I 65 south of town in Brentwood. Old Hickory Boulevard (OHB) makes a very disjointed and confusing loop around the city...so we have to clarify what part of OHB we're talking about when giving directions.

There's a Hyatt Place and a Hampton Inn right off the interstate there. I also think there's a Holiday Inn somewhere very close as well. Likewise, there's a Hilton suites off of Church St according to the map. I'm not familiar with it, however. That area is very nice...lots of restaurants, plenty to do. A few exits south is Cool Springs which is a mega mall area. You'll find 2 huge hotels there: the Embassy Suites and Marriott. There are several other hotels in that area as well...again all very safe and a great area with loads of restaurants and shopping. I would probably lean towards staying in Cool Springs just because there is more to do down there. And if you're into history, definitely pay a visit to Downtown Franklin (off of highway 96...the next exit south of Cool Springs). The downtown is very quaint and there was a major Civil War battle there as well.

As for geneology...I'm sure there are some geneology websites out there that can point you in the right direction. The TN State Library and Archives in downtown Nashville is a fantastic repository of records and would probably have anything you're looking for: State Library & Archives Website

Old 10-21-2010, 02:18 PM

5 posts, read 11,107 times
I am familiar with every hotel and motel off exit 74. They are all nice except the Extended Stay on church st e. The holiday inn is closed. The nicest is the Hilton! I got married at the Embassy Suites a few exits south. Also a good pick.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:31 AM

372 posts, read 710,551 times
Thank you all!

Old 10-22-2010, 08:00 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,366,553 times
My favorite is the Homewood Suites by Hilton in the Maryland Farms complex which is off of Old Hickory Blvd. It has free Breakfast everyday, and free dinner, M-thurs. I stayed there before buying here.

Extended Stay Hotel - Brentwood, Tennessee, TN - Homewood Suites Hotels
The Residence inn is in the same complex, with the same meal deal. There are other hotels also, Baymont Inn,Extended Stay Hotels Brentwood TN: Mainstay Suites hotel near Bridgestone Arena, hotel Brentwood. There are restaurants in the complex, including a NY Pizza Restaurant.http://www.joeyshouseofpizza.com/
There are also many restaurants on Franklin Rd, right outside complex, and shopping.

Diane G
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville