Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 09:52 AM

159 posts, read 333,013 times

Advertisements

My husband & I moved last Fall after I retired to Columbia. We are just north of town, right off highway 31, about 7 min. from I65. We have an all brick home, 1 and 1/3 acres. New subdivision, but no HOA fees. 10 min from shopping, yet very rural feeling. So far the people who have moved in here are empty nesters, ranging from late 40's to mid 60's in age. Maury Co. has low property taxes. We are 45 min from downtown Nashville, 30 min from Franklin & Cool Springs. We have a retired Marine who uses a VA hospital. Lots of beautiful back roads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 05:41 PM

290 posts, read 763,945 times
Thank you! We have so many areas we want to check, we're going to have to make a couple trips it seems! LOL! At least your county is down near Murfreesboro area so we can incorporate it into a trip also. Doing some research on TN taxes and the chart I found is pretty interesting on which counties are more expensive than others.
Tennessee Comptroller of the Treasury - Division of Property Assessments - Property Tax Rates (http://www.comptroller1.state.tn.us/PAnew/LR.asp?W=09 - broken link)

How big is the subdivision you live in? How many homes or lots? Is the subdivision cleared of most of it's trees as most subdivisions seem to do or is it still wooded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfitz View Post
My husband & I moved last Fall after I retired to Columbia. We are just north of town, right off highway 31, about 7 min. from I65. We have an all brick home, 1 and 1/3 acres. New subdivision, but no HOA fees. 10 min from shopping, yet very rural feeling. So far the people who have moved in here are empty nesters, ranging from late 40's to mid 60's in age. Maury Co. has low property taxes. We are 45 min from downtown Nashville, 30 min from Franklin & Cool Springs. We have a retired Marine who uses a VA hospital. Lots of beautiful back roads.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:27 PM

159 posts, read 333,013 times
There are currently 6 homes in the subdivision. It's in a U-shape so I suppose there won't be more than 20 houses or so. 4 houses are occupied, the other 2 are spec houses the builder hasn't sold yet. He will only build spec houses as he gets the others sold. The land was originally a pasture, so there aren't a lot of trees, but we have a huge old maple in our back yard close to the house. Down on the fence line in back there are lots of trees. The lot next to us has quite a few trees. If you would like to send me a private message, I can email you pictures and more info.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:47 AM

1 posts, read 745 times
Consider Dahlonega Georgia. It is in NE Georgia, close to the Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina borders. Query Dahlonega or Lumpkin County. Many reasons to retire here. Property taxes for Seniors can easily be $0.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville