U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2010, 09:31 AM

10 posts, read 19,628 times

Advertisements

Could anyone tell me how to find private owners who have places for rent besides Craigslist. There are alot of scams and fake ads on there and I am tired of dealing with it. I dont want to rent from a property management place either. I am looking for a garage apt, carriage house, or an upstairs apt thats part of a house or is owned by a private owner in the Vandy, Belmont downtown area. I live in Ohio so I cant drive to Nashville and look for Rental signs in peoples yards and I dont know anyone there that can do that for me. I am moving the beginning of February. I have looked at the main Nashville newspaper and havent had any luck. There must be other ways that people advertise. I would appreciate any ideas or offers if anyone has a place or knows of one!! Thank you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 10:04 AM

3,825 posts, read 7,736,698 times
I've never used this website for rental searches before, but it is great for real estate searches:

Realtracs.com

Click on Davidson County, then "Rental", then put in the information you want to search by.

EDIT: You also may just google "property management nashville tn" and look up inventory in the property managers' websites too.

Last edited by DonCorleone; 12-21-2010 at 10:24 AM..

Old 12-21-2010, 10:14 AM

10 posts, read 19,628 times
I have tried that but its all property management companies.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:25 PM

17 posts, read 112,688 times
Craigslist really is your best bet. I've rented several privately-owned properties in the Belmont area and they were all discovered on craigslist.

Another option is to drive around the area and look for signs. There is a rental sign posted right now at the building on the corner of 10th Ave S and Gilmore Ave in the 12 South Neighborhood which is not currently listed on craigslist. I believe it's a upstairs apartment too--might be worth checking out.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:32 AM

14 posts, read 47,122 times
If you don't want to do realtracs/craigslist... then driving around looking for for rent signs is your ONLY option, sorry.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:42 AM

1,432 posts, read 3,588,090 times
I've always used craigslist and just remembered one rule: if it looks to good to be true and doesn't give the address, it's probably a scam.

Any other sites are heavily influenced by ad money and are extremely difficult to wade through.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:57 AM

91 posts, read 183,613 times
Stay with craigs list, just avoid the ads that use the cl or an anonymous e-mail, theses are scamers 99.9% of the time, real people use a phone # so they don't have to wade through the mountians of spam and junk mail..

Old 12-28-2010, 12:14 AM

3 posts, read 7,822 times
Personally I found my walk-up apartment in Hillsboro Village through CL. I sent ages looking through the ads there and eventally tired of it so I posted a wanted ad on there and was contacted by the landlord. You can try that. Since you're out of town, if you do choose that option, I'd state exactly what you're looking for and ask for pictures of the place, an address, and contact info for the landlord. Hopefully that way you can verify it's a legit rental. If you can't find anything through that you could possibly look at the smaller historic apartment buildings in the area--- the Westboro on West End is really nice (so I've heard); there's a lot others but I honestly can't remember the names right now. But don't even bother with Sterling Court if you do look at those types of places. It's on Belmont Blvd in Hillsboro Village but it's a dump and overpriced.

There's the Nashville Scene, which has lots of classifieds.

Also, you could check this out. They are a property management company but they're a small one. [url=http://www.distinctivenashvillerentals.com and hortonproperties.com

Finally, go to Belmont University's website, then go to the housing section. There should be an off-campus housing link which will give you a pdf of available rentals in the area. You might be able to find some properties through that.

Last edited by oftimeandspace; 12-28-2010 at 12:21 AM.. Reason: added more info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville