U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-18-2007, 11:26 AM
 
4 posts, read 14,863 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

What is the construction market like in the Nashville and surrounding area? Are local residential and commerical contractors busy? We are a concrete and masonry company in Florida and would like to move our family to the Nashville area.

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-18-2007, 11:41 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
6,290 posts, read 21,577,420 times
Reputation: 1688
Construction continues at a fairly brisk clip here. Residential contruction may have slowed just a little but not by much.

I work for a structural engineering firm, so I'm more on top of commercial construction.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2007, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Franklin, Tennessee
250 posts, read 948,306 times
Reputation: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete1930 View Post
What is the construction market like in the Nashville and surrounding area? Are local residential and commerical contractors busy? We are a concrete and masonry company in Florida and would like to move our family to the Nashville area.

Thanks

Hi there concrete 1930...there doesn't seem to be a shortage of work for those in your field...every time I talk to contractors and subs, they seem to have more work than they can handle...I can't imagine you having any trouble finding work or getting your business established.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2007, 11:34 AM
 
4 posts, read 14,863 times
Reputation: 10
Thanks for the information.

We do 80 percent commercial work and the other 20 percent is high end residential. We are currently looking at jobs to bid there through various sources such as Bidclerk and McGraw-Hill, but if there is other sources that contractors use in that area please let me know.

We are going to be in the area the first of August to look at areas to live, plus get our business name out there. Any advice on either subject would be great.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2007, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
6,290 posts, read 21,577,420 times
Reputation: 1688
Dodge/McGraw-Hill (Nashville Plan Room) is the main contractor's source here too, I believe.

By the way, I recently scanned in a list of the largest general contractors in the Nashville area for another member here; if you'd like a copy, send me your e-mail address by PM.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2007, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Franklin, Tennessee
250 posts, read 948,306 times
Reputation: 63
Default Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete1930 View Post
Thanks for the information.

We do 80 percent commercial work and the other 20 percent is high end residential. We are currently looking at jobs to bid there through various sources such as Bidclerk and McGraw-Hill, but if there is other sources that contractors use in that area please let me know.

We are going to be in the area the first of August to look at areas to live, plus get our business name out there. Any advice on either subject would be great.
You might also check with Solomon Buiders and Crane, both prominent commmercial builders in the area.

There is a lot of information about the Nashville and surrounding areas on my website, if you'd like I can send a link to you if you'll provide your email address by PM. I'm happy to help however I can...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2007, 08:20 PM
 
Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
796 posts, read 2,627,132 times
Reputation: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnewman View Post
Hi there concrete 1930...there doesn't seem to be a shortage of work for those in your field...every time I talk to contractors and subs, they seem to have more work than they can handle...I can't imagine you having any trouble finding work or getting your business established.
That's good news to me and hubby, too.

Come on, Lou, hop on here and say hi!

blessings, Shen
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2011, 10:35 AM
 
Location: Clarksville,TN
2 posts, read 3,811 times
Reputation: 10
Default Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Dodge/McGraw-Hill (Nashville Plan Room) is the main contractor's source here too, I believe.

By the way, I recently scanned in a list of the largest general contractors in the Nashville area for another member here; if you'd like a copy, send me your e-mail address by PM.

Our company is trying to penetrate the Opry Mills project and we are not having much luck with the Simon Mills Corp. We are licensed in 8 trades and are currently doing work for Cafaro Group and In-Rel properties in TN. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2011, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Clarksville,TN
2 posts, read 3,811 times
Reputation: 10
Default Contacts for OPRY MILLS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Construction continues at a fairly brisk clip here. Residential contruction may have slowed just a little but not by much.

I work for a structural engineering firm, so I'm more on top of commercial construction.
Hello...
We are trying to find a direct contact source for Opry Mills projects. Bid Clerk is not much help and we have not made much ground trying to go through Simon or corporate store construction manangers. Do you have any ideas for our company? We are licensed in 8 trades and are currently doing projects for Cafaro Group and In-Rel properties. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top