Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 06:23 AM

584 posts, read 1,136,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionaireMom View Post
I haven't seen an Applebees around. Is there one here?
There is an Applebees in Spring Hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 10:41 AM

74 posts, read 192,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anony-Momma View Post
There is an Applebees in Spring Hill.
Thank you!

Old 03-30-2011, 06:26 AM

213 posts, read 660,035 times
Default we took our trip

i'm a little behind,
but we did make our trip up to brentwood, franklin area
wanted to thank everyone for the good advice
we drove down the natchez trace parkway , was beautiful we even
stopped and hiked along different trails....
we visited the factory shops in Franklin, and of course checked out downtown, we did check out a lot of the local eateries that was mentioned, some yummy food ....
and we did spend half a day in nashville too...
we miss tennessee already and can't wait to go back

Old 03-30-2011, 06:41 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,058 times
Glad you had a good time. Hurry back!

Old 03-30-2011, 07:20 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,330,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straw71 View Post
i'm a little behind,
but we did make our trip up to brentwood, franklin area
wanted to thank everyone for the good advice
we drove down the natchez trace parkway , was beautiful we even
stopped and hiked along different trails....
we visited the factory shops in Franklin, and of course checked out downtown, we did check out a lot of the local eateries that was mentioned, some yummy food ....
and we did spend half a day in nashville too...
we miss tennessee already and can't wait to go back
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit, and we'll be looking forward to welcoming you back. As an 'outsider', I'd like to know your thoughts about some of the individual food places you tried. It's always good to hear other opinions.

And did this visit help you narrow down where you would like to live? What are your thoughts about Brentwood and Franklin?

Old 03-30-2011, 09:33 AM

6 posts, read 10,619 times
If you are coming to Franklin, and you want authentic Southern cooking, go to Dotson's. No contest.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:05 PM

610 posts, read 1,623,684 times
After reading the list of the restaurants rattled off above on the Brentwood/Franklin line, I have to throw in Brick's Cafe-it is my favorite since I moved here, and have brought every visitor I have to it. Fresh salads, huge menu, and impeccable service. Nestled between Kalamata and Chile Burrito.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:07 PM

610 posts, read 1,623,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionaireMom View Post
In cool Springs you could hit Boscos which serves typical American fare but in a nice upscale ( though not dressy) way, Franklin Brewery is great since an Australian couple took over and there is free music on Fri, Sat and Sun evenings
Monroe is packed to the gills with newbies, Chuays is fun for Mexican. 55 South in downtown Franklin has pretty good food also. Ghengis Grill is fun for Mongolian food too.
Like many have mentioned, the Cool Springs area of Franklin/Brentwood has a TON of restaurants.
I haven't seen an Applebees around. Is there one here?
Applebee's at Nipper's Corner, a mile or so from Brentwood limit.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:41 PM

81 posts, read 288,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airen123 View Post
After reading the list of the restaurants rattled off above on the Brentwood/Franklin line, I have to throw in Brick's Cafe-it is my favorite since I moved here, and have brought every visitor I have to it. Fresh salads, huge menu, and impeccable service. Nestled between Kalamata and Chile Burrito.
+1 (also one next to Publix in Fieldstone Farms in Franklin. As far as Dotson's above...our experience there was so awful I wonder how it's still in business. Dirty, dated and the waitstaff was arguing loudly with the kitchen. Monells and Loveless cafe were much more fun southern dining experiences.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:37 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,330,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airen123 View Post
Brick's is pretty good. It ain't my favorite place, but they never seem to disappoint. The food is usually quick and hot, and the waitstaff is decent. To me, Brick's is kind of like the old Green Hills Grille (if anyone remembers). Not sure exactly why that comparison comes to mind...maybe it's the Southwest options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville