Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 12:34 PM

6 posts, read 10,417 times

Advertisements

My fiance is going to be relocating to the Cool Springs area ASAP and although we spent the entire day yesterday looking into places we are still pretty lost.

Here's what we're looking for:
-1BR or 2BR
-Dogs allowed (Beagle mix and a Jack)
-Nice area (like to walk, bike, go to shops, have a nice variety of non-chain dining nearby, etc... we're closet hipsters)
-SAFE! (We know we're moving to a metropolitan area, but we are pretty used to walking around town with our pups at night and not worrying about our cars or apartments being broken into!)
-Flexible lease terms
-Within a 20 minute commute (30 min with traffic) into the Cool Springs area
-All for about $750 including pet rent

We looked at areas in Antioch that we didn't think were too bad, but when we got home and read reviews were pretty turned off... Anyone know these apartments' areas or have experience with them?
The Overlook
The Club
Brighton Valley

We <3 unique areas with less of a strip mall feel and more of a city OR small town feel... prob not going to happen for $750 I know, but any advise would be great because we just feel so lost.

I've been through these forums a bunch so I know what areas we should technically be avoiding, but apartment rating sites are so overloaded with both vindictive and fake reviews alike that we need some specific apartment recommendations. Do you like where you live? Tell me all about it.

Thanks in advance!
A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 04:54 PM

Update, we are really looking at SPRINGS AT MOUNTAIN VIEW... the price seems right and my dogs will love it... if anyone has rented/renting there or knows a lot about the area, I'd love your input!

Old 02-20-2011, 05:16 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaS31 View Post
Update, we are really looking at SPRINGS AT MOUNTAIN VIEW... the price seems right and my dogs will love it... if anyone has rented/renting there or knows a lot about the area, I'd love your input!
That area will take you longer than 30 minutes to Cool Springs on a typical morning commute.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:21 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
I haven't lived there, so I shouldn't post. But I do know the area, and the two things I would be concerned about: nearby Antioch High and Starwood Amphitheater.
They are going to rebuild Starwood as a music venue, so there will be periodic outdoor events and long lines of cars on those two-lane roads. Getting in and out of your neighborhood could be difficult. Not to mention the construction traffic and noise in the meantime.
Traffic also might be a consideration during arrival and dismissal on school days and on football and basketball game nights at the high school.
Sorry I can't help you with the actual apartments. I just thought about those "environmental" concerns.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:20 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,628,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
That area will take you longer than 30 minutes to Cool Springs on a typical morning commute.
So true!

Old 02-20-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
So true!
30 minutes would be a stretch during any time of day...my guess is 45 minutes to an hour in the morning, and at least that on the return trip...and that's either taking Old Hickory OR Concord Rd.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:45 PM

thanks for the info!

Old 02-23-2011, 06:59 AM

815 posts, read 2,018,377 times
Depending on what time you have to be at work the school zones should not be a problem, unless will be traveling between the hours of 6:30 and 7:05. If you move to the Springs of Mountain View, which are very nice, you wold be running in to Cane Ridge High School traffic as you head towards the interstate. You should also look into Vantage Point at Franklin Heights, a brand new apartment community in Antioch. Vantage Pointe Homes at Franklin Heights Apartments for Rent | Antioch TN Apartments on Apartmentfinder.com.
or Pinnacle Heights or Waterford Crossings also in Antioch in the Crossings area, all very nice communities. The quickest way to get to the Cool Springs area from any of the apartment communities mentioned is to go Old Hickory that changes to Burkit Rd, take that to Nolensville Rd. then less than a mile turn left on Concord Rd. which will take you into the Cool Springs area. The trip should be no longer than 25 mins 30 at max during rush hour. Hopefully you will not need to be at work during the time the high schools are going in because going through Cane Ridge High traffic it will take an additional 20 mins if you don't time it exactally right. Antioch High traffic will be going in the opposite direction. You will also be with in 15 to 20 mins from the Providence area in Mt. Juliet as well, with in 10 mins if you move to The Springs at Mountian View, Mt. Juliet is only about 10 minutes up the road from that part of Antioch.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:25 AM

excellent, thanks for all the names!
I really like the look of Vantage Point and Springs at Mntn View still. are these in nicer areas? We've heard some horror stories about parts of Antioch, and I just don't want to lock into anything that will be rough...

Old 02-23-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaS31 View Post
excellent, thanks for all the names!
I really like the look of Vantage Point and Springs at Mntn View still. are these in nicer areas? We've heard some horror stories about parts of Antioch, and I just don't want to lock into anything that will be rough...
There are indeed areas to avoid in Antioch, but there are a number of good areas as well. So don't let anyone scare you and tell you that the whole area is a dump or a ghetto. I assure you that it is not the case. The whole Antioch area gets a bad reputation because some of the commercial areas are a bit run down, especially along Nolensville Rd. north of Old Hickory Blvd (which is not true Antioch) and Hickory Hollow Mall, which saw an unfortunate spike in crime in the last decade (there are plans to redevelop the mall, as many of the anchor tenants have moved out).

True Antioch is zip code 37013...for some reason a lot of people associate 37211 with Antioch as well (which includes areas such as Woodbine and Tusculum - and not all areas of that zip code are rough, either).

Combined, the zip codes cover almost 63 square miles and cover 130,000 people...so you're bound to run across all types of areas here, both good and bad.

As it has been said before on here, a lot of people generally refer to "Antioch" as much of the SE side of Davidson County.

The previous poster knows more about the general area than I do -- so I would take any suggestions he has.

Also, as a note: I found on city-data that there are an estimated 70 homes in the Antioch zip code worth more than a million dollars...so the area really can't be "all bad."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville