Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2007, 03:20 PM

930 posts, read 717,803 times

Advertisements

Everyone has been helping me alot and giving great advice, but I'm still stumped. My husband will be working just south of the airport. And although Murfreesboro sounds like it has a lot of what we are looking for, I was wondering if there is a town a little closer to the airport that might also fit my families needs. We would like to be within a 20-30 MINUTE DRIVE from the airport. Living south so we can be in between the airport and murfreesboro would be ideal, but we would consider any other town in any direction if it has things for our kids to enjoy. They enjoy, library events, dance, karate, plays, swimming, ect. Can anyone tell me if Rock springs, Rocky Fork, Little Hope, Nolensville, Berryhill, or any town surrounding the airport has what we are looking for? We would also need to stay within our 120,000 price range for a home and would like to be in a good school district. I have read that the Davidson high schools are not very safe. Even though I don't have to worry about that yet, since my kids are only 3 & 8, I will be concerned later. I'd like to live in a nice neighborhood with other kids around, but also have a good size yard for the kids to play. Is there anywhere with some scenic views? I've never been to Tennessee and we are moving in 2-6 weeks. We will come up to look at houses soon, but I know we wont have time to look in every town so I am hoping everyone can help me narrow down my search a bit. I dont want to move someplace and regret it later. I would not like to have my daughter leave a school once she has settled there. I need to make the right choice now. We are looking to buy and not rent. All help is greatly appreciated and I thank all of you who have helped me before and those who will help me some more.
Dawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 03:35 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,211,854 times
I suggested Smyrna or LaVergne on one of your other threads. Did you have no interest is either of those?

Old 07-23-2007, 04:09 PM

930 posts, read 717,803 times
Wow, alleycat your fast. Yes, I've been looking into both of those areas, I was just curious if there was any other small towns near the airport worth researching. I know you don't have kids, but if you did, which of the two would you live in? Do you know anything about the school districts in Smyrna or LaVergne? Which would have more to offer for young families?
I also have another question for you. I tried to PM you, but I don't think it worked. You once told me that you found a place in Murfreesboro and in Nashville that taught Ishynru Karate. I tried to find out where, but had no luck. Do you remember where you found them or the links I could try? It's important to us that our daughter continue, since she is only 2 belts away from being a black belt. Thanks alot, you have been such a big help to us.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:58 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,211,854 times
I'll send you a PM with information of those and other dojos in Tennessee.

I don't really have an opinion about whether Smyrna or LaVergne would be better for the things you're looking for. They're in the same counties, so I assume it's all the same school system; and they would have similiar activities for kids.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:32 PM

83 posts, read 375,017 times
You should also look at Mount Juliet. Nice town, good schools and low crime rate. Finding a house for $120,000 may take awhile but there are some.
Try the MLS system for listings in Wilson, Davidson and Rutherford Counties.

Property Search
You will get prices and some photos. If you click on the Address a Google map will show up, add the airport address it will give you a distance from the listing.

There are many Martial Arts Schools around you may have to drive a few miles to find the right one.

I live just outside of Mt. Juliet and I believe it would be the best place for your price range and for the driving distance to the Airport. Stay out of Antioch but Hermitage especially east of Percy Priest lake area would be also OK.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:17 AM

24 posts, read 93,716 times
When we were looking for a part of Nashville that had elementary schools close to home (not bussed out) we end up choosing East Nashville area called Inglewood. 2 more kids later and 13 years later we're still in the same neighborhood, it has come up since then and there are several Magnet schools in the area (Lockland, East Literature, Meigs) you can send the kids to if you do not like the regular public schools. We would not live anywhere else, though the prices have went up since the area has been remodeled alot over the last 10 years but you may still find something for the price range, plus it is close to wonderful parks (2 rivers and shelby both close, dragon park downtown isn't too far away) opry mills mall, ymca is just down the street and the airport is about 15min away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville