Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 06:06 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,332,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
Douglas Ave on the east side of Gallatin Road is full of nice renovated houses and is no where near a "crime mecca". In fact four new houses (between Greenwood and Douglas Ave, on Chapel) in the craftsman/victorian style all built within the last six months sold two weeks of being listed for sale (don't even think they had finished building them). Just curious, how are houses selling in your neighborhood in this economy?
There are even a few sections of nice, restored homes west of Gallatin Rd...definitely still some issues over there, but it's not the same as west of Ellington Pkwy (or maybe just west of McFerrin). Not sure how the crime is in that area, but the neighborhoods actually look pretty decent for inner city Nashville standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 09:36 PM

933 posts, read 2,742,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
My mistake, I was referring to the west side of Gallatin Road. Douglas on the east side is better, but it is no Lockeland Springs.

I bought a condo in Hendersonville on the eve of the housing collapse (early 2007) and sold it in February for about 6% more than I paid for it. From list date to close date was 30 days, and the first offer came in within a week.

Why do you get so defensive in every East Nashville thread? It isn't like I trashed the place; I just pointed out that there are good and bad areas, just like in most places.

Pimpy I enjoy your posts and think almost all are spot on. But your talking about my neighborhood here, just had to clarify. BTW, Airways Motel rocks.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:08 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
Pimpy I enjoy your posts and think almost all are spot on. But your talking about my neighborhood here, just had to clarify. BTW, Airways Motel rocks.
Understood. I like East Nashville more every time I go there and I will say that the ratio of good parts to bad parts is increasing every year.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:25 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,742,391 times
Where is East Hill?

Old 04-21-2011, 06:03 PM

126 posts, read 327,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
Where is East Hill?
Fairwin Avenue, Delmas Avenue, Iveness Avenue..that area up towards Inglewood on the West side of Gallatin Rd..is called East Hill..

Old 04-22-2011, 10:29 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,742,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp206 View Post
Fairwin Avenue, Delmas Avenue, Iveness Avenue..that area up towards Inglewood on the West side of Gallatin Rd..is called East Hill..
Ah, over by Wendy's. I didn't know what that area was called.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville