Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2011, 08:04 PM

2 posts, read 4,705 times

Advertisements

Hi I am moving to Nashville for work. I am trying to decide where to live. I am a single woman in my early 30’s. I will be working from a home office and covering the whole state so commute to work is not an issue. I am looking to rent a town house or duplex (I am sick of apartment living). I do not want to be too far from downtown, but I do not need to be right in the middle of the city. Subburbs with in 15 to 20 minutes would be fine. I like to ride my bike and run. I am noticing that areas like West End, Green Hills the neighborhoods are full of really narrow streets with no sidewalks. These do not seem very pedestrian friendly. Does anyone have suggestions of good safe area to live that I can enjoy outdoor activities but at the same time not be too isolated and away from the action. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 08:35 PM

210 posts, read 587,681 times
For a 30 something female i would suggest the Brentwood/Franklin area... probably the Cool Springs area more specifically. Cool Springs is an area that straddles the Brentwood/Franklin. I mean its the suburbs but has a big population of late 20-40 somethings. Oh and i am a 30 something female living in the area.
Everything you need and pretty much any amenity you could want is just out your front door. The area is also located super close to some fairly large parks on top of being a rather pedestrian friendly area in general. The commute to downtown Nashville is between 15 and 35 min, depending on the time of day with the traffic.
If you need any more info feel free to private message me, i can give you any details you need. I have lived in the Brentwood side of the Cool Springs area for over 10 years...and i LOVE it here.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:03 PM

2 posts, read 4,705 times
Thanks JennTenn
I will check it out. I actually joined a soccer team down in Franklin, so before my game tomorrow maybe I will drive around a bit. Right now I am in corporate housing in West End/Belle Meade and I cannot see myself staying in this area.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:45 AM

74 posts, read 192,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntenn View Post
For a 30 something female i would suggest the Brentwood/Franklin area... probably the Cool Springs area more specifically. Cool Springs is an area that straddles the Brentwood/Franklin. I mean its the suburbs but has a big population of late 20-40 somethings. Oh and i am a 30 something female living in the area.
Everything you need and pretty much any amenity you could want is just out your front door. The area is also located super close to some fairly large parks on top of being a rather pedestrian friendly area in general. The commute to downtown Nashville is between 15 and 35 min, depending on the time of day with the traffic.
If you need any more info feel free to private message me, i can give you any details you need. I have lived in the Brentwood side of the Cool Springs area for over 10 years...and i LOVE it here.
I agree. We moved into the Cool Springs area and it is everything we expected and more. It's a short drive to downtown (via I-65), downtown Franklin in a wonderful historic (yet rather upscale shopping) area that is just fantastic to spend time around. It's about 10 minutes tops from where I live. Green Hills mall is about 15 minutes (via I-65) the Galleria is 2 minutes away (lol) TONS of shops, nail salons, spas, restaurants, kid friendly stuff, etc is EVERYWHERE. And everything is clean and very well kept up here. It's quite impressive.
*Plus* The area is lined with sidewalks, bike lanes, and you see people outside running, walking, biking all the time. There are all types of group activities that go on here. It's very easy to meet people.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,220 times
Hi, we are relocating from wisconsin to the nashville area for my husband's job. We are in our thirties with a two and a half year old and a baby on the way. We are looking to move within the next two months. We will need a rental home with three to four bedrooms. We are looking to live in a nice area with good schools. We would like to live in a development with a community pool and lots of kids. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville