Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2011, 05:56 PM

1,618 posts, read 4,789,281 times

Advertisements

We're from Huntsville and are headed for a night in Nashville to see a favorite musician performing at 3rd and Lindsley. It's a weeknight, so husband is just taking the afternoon off so we can drive up to see the show & celebrate our anniversary. We aren't staying overnight, but we've never been to Nashville (we are fairly new Alabama residents - originally from California.)

I see the establishment also serves dinner. Would you recommend eating there, or since we are making a 2 hour trip to Nashville for one evening, would we be better off spending our time at a different area restaurant? We don't have many great restaurants here.

I also see 3rd and Lindsley serves dinner starting at 6 pm, but the performance is at 7 pm - I am assuming since we bought tickets that the performing area is different from the bar & grill...

This is my first time I am picturing a House of Blues type set up - where the performance venue is a standing room area, first come first serve, that if we want good "seats" we might want to show up early (doors open at 6), order a drink, and get a good spot? If this is the case, maybe better off eating earlier? We have young kids, so we are used to 5 pm dinners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 08:11 PM

59 posts, read 194,002 times
The food there is actually pretty good. The performances there do start early so it is common for people to arrive around 5:30 - 6pm, order food and drinks and hang until the show starts. The restaurant is an L shape with the stage in the corner at the connecting wall. I recommend sitting a table two away from the stage (you'll see what i'm talking about when you get there) or further away. There is a back part that is set up on a platform and the view of the stage is pretty good. Can't really get a bad view unless you sit too close to the front door, i recommend the other side of the restaurant for the quietest and best listening. (I also think there are booths along that wall so avoid those or some people wont be able to see the show.

OH, and call and double check that they will allow children that night. I've been going since I was a kid but I was always with the band so I have no idea what their policy of young children actually is. I'm pretty sure it will be okay though

Last edited by carazoe; 03-14-2011 at 08:27 PM..

Old 03-14-2011, 09:35 PM

5 posts, read 32,978 times
The eating area and the performing area are all one--eat while you watch the show! The food is fine. It's not the most amazing food ever. If you had the time, you could get a better meal downtown somewhere. But I would be sure to show up at 3rd & Lindsley when the doors open to be sure to get a good table.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:43 AM

2 posts, read 3,316 times
I've definitely eaten at 3rd and Lindsley before, but I'd recommend food elsewhere to celebrate your anniversary. In my opinion, the food is a notch up from your generic bar food (fried foods, sandwiches, etc) and if it were my anniversary I'd rather eat somewhere else and then go see the show. Because their shows tend to be early, you may opt out for getting a nibble & drinks at 3rd and Lindsley and then get food post-show if you are staying in town for the evening.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:31 AM

Thank you for the responses. We're not bringing our children.

So I'm confused as to how it works. Why did I buy tickets if I can just go eat there and watch the show while I eat? What do the tickets do for me? Do all people who enter the restaurant need to buy tickets? Similarly if I *don't* eat there, what is the viewing situation like?

Old 03-15-2011, 08:57 AM

34 posts, read 87,875 times
Most of the night time shows require tickets/cover charge, and they serve food during the shows if you want to eat. If you are not going to eat dinner there I recommend sitting in the little upstairs balcony area that looks down over the stage. Servers do come up there if you want drinks or anything. I think you are picturing a theatre but in reality this is a pretty small bar/restaurant with tables for seating and a stage in one corner. But they get some great bands in there and the sound is excellent.

They are open at lunchtime like a regular restaurant with no cover/ticket required.

Here is their website 3RD AND LINDSLEY :: OFFICIAL

Old 03-15-2011, 09:38 AM

Awesome, & thanks as well 3dimes. Yes, venues I have been to in California had an eatery separate from the stage area which, while not exactly a theater, was a tightly-packed dance floor with a bar in the back.

If we can eat there and have a good view of the stage from our table, I think we'll go that route - get there early for a good table and have a leisurely dinner with drinks & dessert after while we enjoy the show.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:08 AM

88 posts, read 286,841 times
We've had some decent food there prior to the shows - nothing fancy but not bad at all and offered at a fair price. Recommend placing your food orders ASAP to avoid a wait. Overall, the only shortcoming to report is the fact that there is only one, shared restroom - a one-holer - and it can get messy quickly during sold out shows.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:41 AM

124 posts, read 285,924 times
There are two sets of restrooms, on either side of the bar area

Old 03-17-2011, 07:48 PM

88 posts, read 286,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boingolover View Post
There are two sets of restrooms, on either side of the bar area
Well I'll be dipped,,, been going there for several years - always sitting towards the back of the long-walled area - and was told early on that the restroom in that area was all there was. Thanks for the correction --- I'll have to check out the facilities on the other side sometime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville