Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 04:18 PM

4 posts, read 6,510 times

Advertisements

Hello again, everyone I've officially made the move down, but, after a week in Nashville, I was shipped off to Mississippi for job training. My roommates and I (so, three of us girls, total) looked at a house before we left, and are ready to sign a lease, but I'm TOTALLY unfamiliar with the area (it's in East Nashville). I thought I'd ask here for some advice. The house, itself, is nice, but I know nothing about the neighborhood. I put the address into an online crime mapper, and I don't know what to think. Can any East Nashvillers enlighten me as to whether or not this area is safe-- we're looking at a place on the 900 block of West Eastland Avenue, Nashville TN 37206. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 05:25 PM

3 posts, read 5,749 times
Hey, I can't really be of much help to you but I'm in the same boat as you... 20 year old girl from New Hampshire moving down south... good luck to you!!!

Old 06-19-2011, 08:45 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,278,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 603emmylu View Post
Hello again, everyone I've officially made the move down, but, after a week in Nashville, I was shipped off to Mississippi for job training. My roommates and I (so, three of us girls, total) looked at a house before we left, and are ready to sign a lease, but I'm TOTALLY unfamiliar with the area (it's in East Nashville). I thought I'd ask here for some advice. The house, itself, is nice, but I know nothing about the neighborhood. I put the address into an online crime mapper, and I don't know what to think. Can any East Nashvillers enlighten me as to whether or not this area is safe-- we're looking at a place on the 900 block of West Eastland Avenue, Nashville TN 37206. Thanks!
Not an East Nashvillian, but that appears like a transitional area to me. So...it kind of depends on your definition of safe. I think that could be a pretty decent area in a few years....but if it becomes a desirable area, expect that rent to rise.

This isn't the ghetto, or even close....but there is a crime element around. If you and your roommates are responsible, and can deal with that, you might find it an enjoyable place to live (many of our EN posters love the neighborhoods they live in)...but remember that that EN is pretty much inner city for Nashville. It's not a suburban environment at all....so just be sure you know what you and your friends are looking for. East Nashville is kind of a funky, artsy, hip place to move right now. If that's what y'all are looking for, then I think you'll find yourself at home.

For more info, of course, consult a resident. I'm just a semi-frequent visitor of the neighborhood.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:54 PM

933 posts, read 2,733,750 times
I'm not too familiar with that area either (I live down the road on the other side of Gallatin Rd) but do know that the area of West Eastland From Gallatin Rd to Cleveland Street has some really nice renovated houses. You would also be close to Holland House (a reall cool bar) on the corner of Cleveland and West Eastland, and also Steve's Bar and Grill and a pretty good Thai place near Gallatin Rd. If your further west on West Eastland (past Cleveland) I'm going to guess it will be a little more transitional. Where ever you live it's always a good idea to have an alarm and a big dog (even more so). We have a great dog park (Shelby) to frequent as well and everyone has one or three dogs over here. Anyway, welcome to the neighborhood!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville