Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 10:30 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optional Angel View Post
Thank you very much! That's nice to hear. Are there any Hispanic food options besides Mexican? I want to feel at home but I don't want to eat quesadillas and tacos every day lol. Any Cuban food? Central American restaurants?

Thank you so much.
I know a Cuban place off of Harding Place and Trousdale Rd. right off of I-65...but my brother went in there and ordered Coffee Cubano and he said some Mexican guy handed him some straight up black coffee, and then my brother saw the manager and asked once more and he said, "Oh, Coffee Cubano, ok"...lol....My brother told me the owner was a Cuban guy and he talked with him for a minute, but the other people were from Mexico and some other latin countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 10:33 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steindle View Post
Would love to see your evidence for this statement.
I can back his statement up by my own experience. Everyone I work with in the kitchen at my job is here illegally and I've given rides home to some people and met some of their friends (all cool people), but illegal nonetheless.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:40 PM

19 posts, read 51,480 times
Back to Cuba is a hole in the wall but has the most authentic Cuban/Puerto Rican food that I have found in Nashville. Don't let its location stop you from going. They are closed on Sundays but the food is great.

The Mexican restaurants - they all are the same, all the food tastes the same, and it's for the American palate. You occasionally will find a place that serves mole but you won't find pozole or menudo being served anywhere in Nashville...at least I haven't found it.

There definitely needs to be a wider representation of Mexican cuisine in Nashville - and some more Cuban/Puerto Rican restaurants!

Old 02-11-2013, 10:24 PM

14 posts, read 35,409 times
There is a new puertorrican restaurant close to downtown. It's too expensive, but the food is really good....... They have the best Tres Leches!!!!! Authentic puertorrican food!!! Salsa Restaurant. Back to Cuba is ok

Old 02-13-2013, 07:14 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,650,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImComingHome View Post
Back to Cuba is a hole in the wall but has the most authentic Cuban/Puerto Rican food that I have found in Nashville. Don't let its location stop you from going. They are closed on Sundays but the food is great.

The Mexican restaurants - they all are the same, all the food tastes the same, and it's for the American palate. You occasionally will find a place that serves mole but you won't find pozole or menudo being served anywhere in Nashville...at least I haven't found it.

There definitely needs to be a wider representation of Mexican cuisine in Nashville - and some more Cuban/Puerto Rican restaurants!
I went to a small Mexican place on Nolensville Road around Elysian Fields and I'm pretty sure their main clientele was Mexican. Some of the menu and the signs were in Spanish. I was the only non-Hispanic there. They had some seafood that was pretty authentic as well.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:20 PM

933 posts, read 2,741,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImComingHome View Post

Don't think you've looked close enough. I know for a fact Tres Margaritas in Madison serves menudo. It's actually on thier menu. A lot of these Mexican places serve authentic mexican food, but it's not on the menu. You have have to specifically ask. You got to remember, the bulk clientele of a lot of these places are American's wanting to eat a burrito and get their margarita on...now finding the ones that do and don't that's a another story...not sure if this was already mentioned but La Hacienda on Nolensville Road serves some authentic (on menu also) so I'm guessing they would be open to non menu item requests.....and oh yeah, Mas Tacos Por Favor serves some traditional/authentic Mexican food....of'course this is filtered via non hispanics (but it's New York Times/hipster approved)...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville