U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2011, 07:13 AM

50 posts, read 130,797 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to rent a SFH in the $2,000-2,500 per month range in the greater Franklin area this fall. My plan, presently, is to buy after I've had a chance to scope out the area. I'm coming from out of state, surprise, suprise

Where is the best place to look for such listings? I doubt there is one site. I've looked at the realtracs.com site but it had only a few listings the last time I looked. Maybe the pickings are just slim in that price range.

I would consider townhouses and lease to own properties as well. Heck, I would consider an apartment but they are usually too small. BTW, I only saw 2 houses in that price range on Craigslist and neither were in the greater Franklin area.

Thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 07:29 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,168,764 times
I've found some choices on these sites

The Daily Classifieds - Classifieds Nashville TN, Classifieds Chattanooga TN, Classifieds Knoxville TN, Classifieds Clarksville TN, Classifieds East TN, Classifieds Huntsville AL, Classifieds Mobile AL, Classifieds Denver CO, Classifieds Summit CO, C (http://www.thedailyclassifieds.com/framework.asp?f=idx.asp&r=1292427 - broken link)

Cotton and Wampler Real Estate You can search for rentals in the Home Search engine.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:06 AM

374 posts, read 643,262 times
I've noticed that Hotpads.com seems to pick up listings from various sources so that's a good one to try (though they have a duplication problem). Also try Zillow.com (make sure you search 'rental' not 'for sale'). As a last resort, Google property management companies in the area and search their online listings.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:37 AM

328 posts, read 533,810 times
Up to $2500/month I would think you will have lots of options..Hopefully someone local can give you some guidance soon. Also, have you called any local realtors? That would probably be a good starting place..

Old 04-04-2011, 02:12 PM

I'd rather stick closer to 2K of course. I'm not sure about using a local realtor. Is it worth their while? If anyone has any recommendations please PM me. Thanks.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:35 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,668,284 times
I have been looking on realtor.com closer to Nashville and have found quite a few and my price range is only up to $1500. I'm looking for a single family home with at least three beds and 2 baths and I am finding some really nice homes in that range. Is Franklin close to Nashville? Sorry I am a possible transplant too so I don't know the area at all.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:46 AM

[quoteIs Franklin close to Nashville? Sorry I am a possible transplant too so I don't know the area at all.[/quote]

Yes, Franklin is just south of Nashville on I-65. I've never been there but I feel like I know it well

Old 04-08-2011, 09:37 PM

59 posts, read 184,602 times
I would DEFINITELY use a local real estate/property management company. Its really nice to not have to deal with the owner directly. I would start calling all the companies in williamson county and see if they have any listings in franklin. You should be able to find something really nice for 2k. Just have them email you what they have available. I've rented several places from management companies in Nashville and Auburn AL and the prices werent jacked up high at all. They manage so many properties that they get a little from each one and make a killing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>