Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 09:51 PM

4 posts, read 5,416 times

Advertisements

Hi, I don't know if your still hunting, but I go to The Glade Church south of Mt Juliet near 840. It is very contemporary and mission oriented, and it is Baptist. I live in Murfreesboro, so its about a 20 minute drive for me, but I've never been anywhere where I have seen God move the most. I also know a lot of people through those I have served with, so I know a lot about churches in Williamson, Rutherford, and Wilson Counties. If there is anything I can do to help in your search, feel free to shoot me a PM. Good Bless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 09:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,445 times
I strongly suggest Point of mercy 1060 east trinity ln nashville tn.
Website is pointofmercy.net
Very involved in Matthew 25 ministry with feeding the hungry and clothing the poor and homeless
My name is Lucian God bless u!

Old 12-03-2013, 06:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,209 times
I'm in the same boat. I have been going to Crosspoint for three years now and though I have loved it I'm wanting to find a new place maybe a little smaller and where I can get more connected. Once Crosspoint moved downtown, I go in and never see anyone I know plus their is just not enough staff for the amount of people. I hate leaving but I feel my family needs personal feel and I feel like its grown so much it has lost some of that feel. I still like a contemporary feel and I'm open to different denominations I usually settle with a non-denominational. I would love to find a church with an active support group for fostering and adoption because my husband and I just became certified foster parents. I live in the Donelson Hermitage area. any suggestions appreciated.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:46 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,024,126 times
Fellowship Bible Church in Brentwood (and the Franklin campus) both have an active adoption group

Old 12-07-2013, 05:49 PM

541 posts, read 1,224,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Avoid Cornerstone in Madison and Remnant Fellowship in Brentwood. If you make it known around town that you are looking for a large, missionary church, you WILL get solicited by those two at some point. They are both bad news.
I see no reason whatsoever to group Cornerstone in with Remnant Fellowship. I haven't heard a single bad thing about Cornerstone until this post. It's attended by quite a few pillars in the local community and actively engages the world and world views. I've heard excellent things about Maury Davis, as well. What's your beef with Cornerstone?

I've heard the same with regards to Remnant, but quite the opposite with Cornerstone.

Old 12-08-2013, 12:56 PM

2,428 posts, read 5,543,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMartel2 View Post
I see no reason whatsoever to group Cornerstone in with Remnant Fellowship. I haven't heard a single bad thing about Cornerstone until this post. It's attended by quite a few pillars in the local community and actively engages the world and world views. I've heard excellent things about Maury Davis, as well. What's your beef with Cornerstone?

I've heard the same with regards to Remnant, but quite the opposite with Cornerstone.
A grieving son finds no justice on Rev. Maury Davis' path to redemption | Cover Story | Nashville Scene

Old 12-12-2013, 04:36 PM

541 posts, read 1,224,379 times
Christ's message is one of redemption and forgiveness. I don't think the author of this piece fully gets that.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:25 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,467,934 times
Maybe not, but if the facts of the article are true (removing the anecdotal evidence of his demeanor, attitude, etc) then I think it does show some discrepancies between the public story of conversion and the actual events in the article. I am glad Mr. Davis has turned his life around and have no doubt he's won many souls to the Lord through his ministry...which is sincerely amazing. But I do echo the original sentiment to exercise some caution in fully accepting the story because I think there are some pretty major inconsistencies and it warrants an open mind. I'd also add that Cornerstone has really pushed the boundaries as far as using the pulpit to further political ends, as this article points out. Likewise, the church hosted an anti-Shariah Law conference there (source ), so there's been some controversy there.

Obviously there is a mass appeal for Cornerstone and I don't know that I'd go so far as to lump it with Remnant Fellowship, but it is a church that's welcomed its fair share of controversy. As with any congregation, I'd do my due diligence and research it before joining or even visiting any church.

Old 12-14-2014, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 783 times
Where ever you decide to go just make sure they are obeying Gods word. Remember in Gods word says women are to keep silence in the church and Jesus never chose one to minister. Also the men of God must be able to teach, sound in Faith and that is in God and not the world . For they that are of the world speak the things of the world and the world hears them and they that are of God speak the things that be of God and the world hears them not for it is foolishness to them. So if they have a blemish like eye glasses or an infirmity in the flesh in Gods word they are not to deliver the bread of God for it is an abomination to God. Also if it's a denominational church then they walk in division which work strife and envy which are works of the flesh and not fruits of the spirit and they that do such things shall not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven nor God. Spoken of in 1 Co. chapter 1 & 3 about division or denomination. And Gal.5 about fruits of the spirit and the works of the flesh.
Let no man deceive you by any means. 2 Th.2: 3-9
Make sure you walk and live in total obedience to God as Jesus did and shewed us. For he the way the truth and the life. Any other way is a lie .
Remember what Satin told Eve it's OK to disobey God you won't die.
I know it's hard today with such a great cloud of witnesses speaking all kinds of things contrary to God's word. So where do we go to listen to about God? Keep in mind you'll know them by their fruits not their suits. So just keep Christ in mind and allow him to lead you and your family.
Take care. Erothenous

Old 12-14-2014, 07:49 PM

9 posts, read 15,471 times
I'd highly recommend my church The Hills Nashville (directly across from the Nashville Fairgrounds)! Me,my wife, and son moved from Memphis this past summer where we attended Life Church. We loved our old church because they were very outreach-driven, diverse in every sense of the word, and contemporary. We spent weeks looking for something similar and we definitely found that in The Hills. It is still a very young church (around 2 years) so its more intimate but we love it! Our pastor definitely offers a great word every week and worship is awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville