Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 09:06 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,891,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nALgirl View Post
We live in Murfreesboro. I work in Green Hill and my husband works in Murfreesboro. We are looking in Franklin and Lenox Village.
Lenox Village is cute - hope you don't have a lot of furniture...those cubby holes are tiny on postage size lots...and pricey for what they are...but it's so cute!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 04:05 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,014,665 times
I think the condos are fairly small, but the townhouses we have looked at are close to 1600 sq ft. Small to some, but nice for those of us who have downsized and don't need a house full of furniture.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:06 AM

610 posts, read 1,617,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleLife View Post
You might want to check out the Donelson area or hermitage
How much further would that commute be for both of us? We love the houses in Woodland Pointe...

Old 05-23-2011, 07:34 PM

2,983 posts, read 3,226,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airen123 View Post
How much further would that commute be for both of us? We love the houses in Woodland Pointe...
From Donelson/Hermitage, it would be a short commute downtown via the Music City Star commuter train or Lebanon Rd bus. Plenty of shopping in the area. Gas prices may be slightly cheaper than other parts of town. From downtown you would need the Hillsboro bus to get to Green Hills. You can check with the MTA to see what the schedule is. The bad part is if you miss a connection, there could be a 40 minute wait for the next bus.

From I-40 the southeast leg of I-24 is a short hop away near the Airport. (busy traffic for about a mile or 2 there). One should be able to travel the speed limit in good weather. In last year's flood, the only way to get south was to go out & use 840 from Lebanon to Murfreesboro.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:27 PM

228 posts, read 527,111 times
Have homeowner clients in Woodland Pointe now that love it and new homebuyers moving in soon who were pleasantly surprised by what they found for the money recently. Bell Road traffic isn’t always fun, but you do have the benefit of the lake, the airport, and close proximity to a number of new retail areas along I-40.

For your office locations, I do like the Granbery recommendation, but many people who start looking at Granbery also consider the Lenox Village neighborhood and surrounding communities like Bradford Hills, Holt Hills, and Barnes Cove. Some really good purchase prices in there lately and the newer Shane Elementary is getting good reviews.

BTW Lenox has turned out to be as good as advertised too; fantastic activity in the neighborhood.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:32 AM

59 posts, read 193,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
My idea is to look in Nashville in the Granbery school districts in neighborhoods like The Woodlands, Barton Vale, Sterling Oaks, Brownstone etc. Some were built in the late 90s but are still more modern floorplans. Convenient to shopping and two interstates.

Your price range is perfect for that area, and even though you don't have kids yet, those school zones will be great for resale.

If you had kids, I would say Nolensville.
This is where I live and I agree. The work commute to whoever is working downtown will take 20-30 minutes and there shouldn't be much traffic for the person headed south to the boro but it will take the same amount of time.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:10 AM

13 posts, read 14,021 times
Maybe take a look at hermitage or donelson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville