U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 03:41 PM

455 posts, read 1,038,781 times

Advertisements

I agree with nashvols that ROI is a total toss up. I'd pick your nabe based on amenities. It's my impression that West Meade has more of a hilly, forested feeling. You're close to West End / Vandy, but farther from the airport and probably farther from downtown since Crieve Hall is right next to I-65. Crieve Hall is more central, probably more urban feeling (near the highway, near 100 Oaks, near a large train yard). I think Crieve Hall is flatter too. I think West Meade has more cachet. There are streets in West Meade (not Belle Meade) with $1 million-plus homes, don't think that's the case in Crieve Hall.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 08:43 AM

3 posts, read 14,489 times
Thanks for the info

Old 06-22-2011, 10:56 AM

56 posts, read 162,550 times
Default Creive Hall homes

I looked hard at homes to buy in Creive Hall too. But I had a hard time paying $200,000 plus for a 2000 SF home. But you must remember, in Creive Hall you are paying for the location; which is excellent as some previous posters said. I still may buy there, but I would need a super deal to do so, and they do not come along too often.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:05 PM

1,611 posts, read 1,847,588 times
Something West Meade may have going for it is new shopping along Charlotte at the West Nashville development. Some new housing further out on Charlotte. In the winter you will want better access to West End/Harding/US70S. Those hills get bad on the ice. For medical folks you have your choice of St Thomas & 3 hospitals in the West End/Vandy area. (Plenty of doctors & clinics).

Something holding Bellevue back is the empty mall with only Sears left open there. The other stores nearby the post office seem to be OK. THe soccer fie4ld seems to have recovered from last year's floods. West Meade is mostly a hilly & forested area. Traffic can get crazy in bad weather with few options to I-40 or US70S. Not sure what transit improvements can be done to the #3 bus route. I suspect we may get a BRT similar to Gallatin Road that may cut 10 minutes off a trip by reducing the number of bus stops on the route.

The West Meade mansion is very near the Harris Teeter store near the junction of US70S & Highway 100. You may find something you like adjacent to St Henry's?

Old 06-23-2011, 07:37 AM

3 posts, read 14,489 times
Which one is more kid friendly? We just found out we are expecting our first one. I'm not so much concerned about schools because if we live in davidson county we'll probably go the private school route before or after elementary depending on area. I do agree with GWoodle about the snow and hill situation it can be a bear navigating through the winter months. I wish radnor lake would let you take your dogs on the trails like Percy & Edwin Warner Parks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville