Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 10:10 PM

120 posts, read 329,925 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone. I need some of you knowledgeable Nashville folks to give me the pros and cons of the Crieve Hall area.

Schools are not an issue for us, but I am interested in knowing about:

Crime/Safety
Shopping and Restaurants
Ease of getting to the Interstate

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 10:45 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,325,072 times
Crieve Hall area...roughly the area bounded by I-65 to the west, Sevenmile Creek (Edmondson Pk) to the east, Blackman Rd to the north, and Hill Rd to the south.

Crime/Safety - safe area. I'd say very safe, in fact. No, not crime free (nowhere is), but there really aren't many better locations in the city for that price range. Still, it's a good idea to lock your doors/not leave valuable things out (such as lawnmowers/tools/etc) just to be on the safe side. Property crime can happen in any neighborhood...especially with through streets.

Shopping and restaurants - in the neighborhood? None. Houses, churches, and a school. That's it. However, it's convenient to the Brentwood area (5-10 minutes away), which has a number of restaurants and a range of grocery stores and some shops...it's just as close to the Nipper's Corner area, which has some grocery stores, limited shopping, and fast food. 100 Oaks has a few stores (incl. a Home Depot), a movie theater, and a handful of restaurants, and is also 5-10 minutes away. Green Hills and Cool Springs are probably 20+ minutes...but well worth the trip for retail shopping and restaurants.

Interstate access is easy as at just about any time other than rush hour. I would say during normal traffic, you could be on I-65 in under 10 minutes from almost anywhere in Crieve Hall. The two access points are Harding Place (exit 77 TN hwy 255) to the north, and Old Hickory Blvd (exit 74 TN hwy 254). Trousdale Dr (heading north) is the easiest access to Harding Place, while Regent Dr/Franklin Pk Circle (heading south) put you closest to the interstate on Old Hickory Blvd.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:36 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,467,934 times
As usual nashvols is spot-on. I have some good friends who live in that area and really love it. It's so close to Brentwood, Cool Springs, Green Hills...really everything you need in the way of dining and shopping is very close. The community seems to be very well-maintained and in my mind is very much a continuation of a Green Hills/Brentwood neighborhood.

I wouldn't hesitate to move there.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:56 AM

Thank you Thank you Thank you Nashvols!! You guys on this forum are AMAZING for information!!!

Nashvols, could I send you a private message about some specific addresses we are looking it in other areas of the city? If you have time to look at them, it would be so helpful to us.

We are coming to look for a house beginning on Sunday, and we have done all of the research we can from long distance.

Thank you again!

Old 05-27-2011, 10:10 AM

59 posts, read 193,933 times
The area seems to be increasing in potential and the return on investment is pretty good there. We looked at buying there for a while but my husband wasn't big on the home styles (60s and 70s ranches) or the demographic (a real melting pot). I thought it felt very safe and i have several friends who live in the area and love it.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:20 PM

Well, we just got back from Nashville, and we did like the Crieve Hall area. We weren't crazy about Harding Drive (I think it was drive), but we did think Nipper's Corner and Brentwood were great.

Thanks so much for all of the information.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:20 AM

210 posts, read 587,720 times
For Crieve Hall the best advice is to stay south of Harding and east of Edmondson. The area will be bordered on the west by 65 and on the south by Old Hickory.
Once you leave those borders it can be hit or miss as far as the crime rate being a bit higher. I know a TON of people that live over there and they range in age from elderly grandparents to single 20 somethings. Some of the home have not been touched since they were build in the 50's while others have been completely renovated to "show home" status.
Also, over the last 2 years the elementary school has been totally renovated, its super cute

Old 06-01-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntenn View Post
For Crieve Hall the best advice is to stay south of Harding and east of Edmondson. The area will be bordered on the west by 65 and on the south by Old Hickory.
Once you leave those borders it can be hit or miss as far as the crime rate being a bit higher. I know a TON of people that live over there and they range in age from elderly grandparents to single 20 somethings. Some of the home have not been touched since they were build in the 50's while others have been completely renovated to "show home" status.
Also, over the last 2 years the elementary school has been totally renovated, its super cute
West of Edmondson....

besides that, spot on.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:21 AM

3 posts, read 15,565 times
I'm also looking at the Crieve Hall area, but I'm torn between Crieve Hall and West Meade. Both areas seem to be okay and we really like the mid century homes. My main concern would be return on investment. I'm not sure what Carazoe means about demographics, but as a whole nashville seems to be a pretty eclectic place. That's one of the things I like most about Nashivlle! If I do decide on Crive hall i'm probably looking to stay in the zip code area of 37220. You guys that have been living here for years would know more about this than I do. Which area is best for ROI? Thanks in advance for your adivice.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.JCPA View Post
I'm also looking at the Crieve Hall area, but I'm torn between Crieve Hall and West Meade. Both areas seem to be okay and we really like the mid century homes. My main concern would be return on investment. I'm not sure what Carazoe means about demographics, but as a whole nashville seems to be a pretty eclectic place. That's one of the things I like most about Nashivlle! If I do decide on Crive hall i'm probably looking to stay in the zip code area of 37220. You guys that have been living here for years would know more about this than I do. Which area is best for ROI? Thanks in advance for your adivice.
ROI is a tough call...

I think right now Crieve Hall is an area on the rise, so in the short term, it might be the better bet.

Long term, it's hard to say. West Meade is adjacent to ultra exclusive old money Belle Meade, which should have an effect on home prices...and Crieve Hall isn't far from nuveau riche Brentwood. Both are also not far from some sketchier areas...West Meade to the Charlotte Pike/White Bridge area of West Nashville, and Crieve Hall from the Nolensville Rd area (37211). Both of these could have a potential negative impact if the areas get worse.

I'd say it's pretty close, overall. Personally, I like Crieve Hall's location better (proximity to the airport, interstate access, and ease of travel to places like Cool Springs)...but West Meade isn't a slouch. It's slightly closer to Green Hills and has better "surface street" connection with the city (albeit with crazy traffic at times).

Both are similar enough where I think you should probably find what house(s) you like the best first and foremost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville