U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2008, 11:07 AM

6,993 posts, read 15,947,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by morlan1 View Post
Any thoughts on this area? From what I've seen online about it, looks like a newer concept area of retail & residences, like a village community....sounds good online but everything sounds good online. Anyone here actually live there, or first hand experience/knowledge about this area? What about the commute from this area to Vanderbilt? I've also read this would be a good 'resale value' area in a few years...thoughts?? Thanks...
I was just in Lenox village not even a day ago. It is built on the concept of new urbanism I think you would be happy there, its new, pretty, densely populated. As for Vanderbilt to lenox, we have a home around the corner from Lenox Village. Took us about 20 minutes or so during non rush our traffic. During rush hour is another thing though.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 06:42 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,530,228 times
My buddy used to live there and he liked the area a lot.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:07 PM

625 posts, read 4,234,321 times
Well, I wouldn't want to commute from Lenox Village to Vandy, 65N south of Nashville gets pretty crowded and it's a pretty decent distance just to get from LV to 65. I looked at Lenox Village when looking for a house and a large concern was what would happen when the bad elements of Antioch decide to do some shopping over there, but I do know people who live there and like it, just wasn't for me...I bought a 2300 sqft house off Hwy 100 in Bellevue for just a little more than I saw some of those LV condo/townhomes going for. I'm 25 minutes from CoolSprings, and offpeak hrs it takes me 15 min to get to West End/440(never driven that way during peak because I work in Franklin), so this area might be an option for you if you work at Vandy and looking for a reasonably priced home in a low crime area. I'm in Poplar Creek Estates.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:08 PM

297 posts, read 1,003,188 times
Default Lenox Village?

What is the deal with Lenox Village? Is it a sketchy place to live?

Old 05-28-2008, 01:57 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,530,228 times
Why would you think that? I've never heard that before.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:52 PM

2,865 posts, read 8,688,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP300 View Post
What is the deal with Lenox Village? Is it a sketchy place to live?
No, Not at all. I go to get my nails done there at the Hair Studio,and people there said its a nice place to live.

Diane G

Old 05-29-2008, 10:04 AM

215 posts, read 664,238 times
I live in Lenox Village and it is not sketchy at all. While I do not partake in the neighborhood activities like a lot of my neighbors do, it is a very nice place to live. The way it has been developed has made it very friendly for pedestrians, bikers, and children. They are building a shopping center in the neighborhood (we will see if this is successful or not long term, I am a bit pestimistic on this one). Currently they have a salon, dentist, cafe, pie in the sky pizza, computer repair shop, and a few other stores as well. Across from Nolensville Rd, you have a new Mexican restaurant which is decent, and fairly new gas station, great clips, etc.

Prices have been booming here and are just now starting to slow down due to the current housing market issues.

They have condos, 2bdrm and 3bdrm townhouses, and single family homes.

If you are a small business owner, they even have some property where you can live above your store which I think it pretty cool.

I will say that the quality of Regent Homes construction is not the best. We have had to use the warranty 3 or 4 times already in the last year. I think that has a lot to do with how fast they put these units up.

I will say as a driver, you will have to keep a closer look for pedestrians here than most neighborhoods. It seems that no matter what time of day you come/leave home, there are people biking, walking, and running.

Also if you have older elementary children, you may want to look to the neighborhood across from Nolensville called Bradford Hills. My 9 year old son doesn't care for Lenox Village too much because it is mostly the elderly and young couples who have no children yet or have babies. His grandparents live in Bradford Hills and he finds all kinds of children to play with over in that neighborhood.

Okay I've rambled on long enough now.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:13 AM

297 posts, read 1,003,188 times
Thanks. I was just curious about it. I pass by it all the time, but did not know what to think.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:06 PM

1 posts, read 7,959 times
Default Great shoppes on Lenox Village Drive not sketchie!

I live in Lenox Village and it's not sketchie at all. I go to the Chiropractor (Hendon Chiropractic) who is outstanding, buy gifts from a unique cool store called The Village Peddler, get facials at Pure Day Spa (my friend goes and get's her nails done and loves that place) and have my insurance with Allstate on Lenox Village Drive, my Dentist is also here (Lenox Village Dentistry) and use the Sprint store as well and have all of my Dry Cleaning done at the cleaners. It's great living so close to everything. If my barber would move here, I would never leave!

Old 10-09-2008, 01:33 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,721,166 times
WOW! It's sounds like an ideal place to live. One day when I am done working and decide I no longer want to care for a house, I would like to move to a condo in Nashville and live in a walkable area. You guys can walk to all these things? Gift shop, Day Spa etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or