Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoMein View Post
Wow, I don't know what part of Lenox you LIVE in... but the quality of my town house and everyone I’ve been in here is awesome. The only thing we have had is the normal nail pops from the house settling. They came out and fixed them all the next day and painted them for us. The neighborhood is awesome, walk to everything. the people couldn't be better! everyone I meet around here is very nice and down to earth. To say that the quality is that of ANYTHING in Lavergne is crazy... but thanks for your input "pimpy". I've lived here for four years now and i sadly lived in lavergne before here... there is no comparison in quality to Lenox to lavergne.... The model homes are always open come check them out! and if you want to see how the people are come out when there is a festival going on. "boo n brew" on Halloween, cinco de mayo bash, and during the summer there is always little parties on the green, great to meet the neighbors and relax. It is unlike any other neighborhood I’ve very lived in and defiantly doesn't need a police hub like lavergne...
@ MGoosten - did you end up moving to Lenox Village? If so, do you like it? I am also looking to move to that area relatively soon... Thanks!

@LoMein - I am shocked at the mixed reviews on this community... Do you know of any safety issues? I could care less if little things happen here and there with the home, that stuff happens everywhere, but is it safe?

Btw... I am looking to move from Florida, so I have never even been there!

Thanks for your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 04:06 PM

253 posts, read 868,743 times
Construction Quality is definitely an issue, I know 3 people that live there and 2 have had problems. Make sure your landlord is going to be responsible for any maintenance.

Lenox Village is on Nolensville Pike, so while the actual development may be "nice", Nolensville Pike does not have the best reputation. Plus, one has to drive a ways to get anywhere decent...i.e. Cool Springs, Green Hills, Downtown, etc.

I also believe the development still has plans to build more units, so if you do eventually plan to buy, I would make sure you get a REALLY good deal, plus there are always a ton of units for sale in there anyways and obviously the more units available, the lower the prices will/should be.

Good Luck...

Old 09-23-2010, 10:39 AM

12 posts, read 30,092 times
While I like the general look of the area, but I would never live there. Traffic there is horrible during rush hour and Sundays because of church.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:33 PM

610 posts, read 1,623,578 times
What exactly is the art shop at Lenox Village? I've passed it and can't remember the name of it. I'm wondering if it's a shop or something like Sips and Strokes.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:01 AM

328 posts, read 568,740 times
Default Sorry if this has been asked..

Lenox Village is closer to Brentwood, than Nashville is that right? What high school would kids go to that lived in Lenox Village? (John Overton, I see now...Info on that school??
Is Lenox Village in a good area? Thanks for any info..just looking as a rental not to buy at this point...

Old 02-25-2011, 11:38 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,328,903 times
Lennox Village is technically in Nashville. Closer to downtown Brentwood than downtown Nashville, but still in Davidson County. None of Brentwood extends into Davidson County.

That area is zoned for Shayne Elementary, Oliver Middle, and Overton High.

http://www.mnps.org/AssetFactory.aspx?did=35828

That area of Nolensville Rd. is a good area. It's not crime free, but I wouldn't say it's unsafe by any stretch. Farther north, north of Old Hickory Blvd, it can get a little sketchy, though.

As far as Overton being a good school, I'd say it's probably average. The schools across the county line are certainly better, but that doesn't mean your kid(s) can't get a good education at Overton. Part of Overton's district draws from a pretty nice, upper middle class area. The northern areas of the district are mainly middle and lower middle class, though.

Here are some reviews and stats that I've found:

John Overton Comp High School - 4820 Franklin Rd, Nashville, TN - Trulia

John Overton Comprehensive High School in Nashville, TN Phone Number, Test Scores, Demographics, Faculty, Address, and Students

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

John Overton Comprehensive High School Test Scores - Nashville, Tennessee - TN

Always take reviews with a grain of salt (people are generally motivated to post their opinions if they are extremely impressed or unimpressed with something). All in all, it's probably one of the better Metro Nashville comprehensive high schools. I know a good number of Overton Grads...a lot of them end up at UT and MTSU.

If diversity is something you are looking at, Overton has a good mix of diversity (you can look at the stats in one of the links above). You will have a lot less diversity in Williamson County, as well as most of the other counties.

Last edited by Yac; 02-07-2012 at 06:56 AM..

Old 02-26-2011, 11:16 AM

228 posts, read 528,488 times
As someone who had concerns about Lenox Village from the beginning, let me encourage you with a simple compliment to the developers: They’ve done a great job creating the community they promised. It’s a fantastic neighborhood for walking and running and getting to know your neighbors through a ton (and a good mix) of social activities. From farmer’s market to Pie in The Sky, and yoga classes – to everyday eateries and conveniences like Menchie’s… Lenox Village is a very good offering.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin south of Nashville View Post
As someone who had concerns about Lenox Village from the beginning, let me encourage you with a simple compliment to the developers: They’ve done a great job creating the community they promised. It’s a fantastic neighborhood for walking and running and getting to know your neighbors through a ton (and a good mix) of social activities. From farmer’s market to Pie in The Sky, and yoga classes – to everyday eateries and conveniences like Menchie’s… Lenox Village is a very good offering.
Lennox Village hasn't even reached it's full potential. There are still some empty retail spaces, last time I checked. If the economy didn't tank, I think LV would have really taken off. As it is, it seems like a nice place.

Traffic can be bad there, but they are in the process of widening Nolensville Road to 4/5 lanes from Old Hickory Blvd, I believe down to Concord Rd. That should make a huge difference. Once it's a little more opened up down there (and the economy recovers), I think there will continue to be some major developments from Lennox Village, down to Holt Rd., down to Concord Rd. That whole area was booming right before the recession, and I think it will continue later on.

Just to get on a little tangent here...I remember growing up thinking that Nolensville was a bit out there from Nashville (although mileage-wise, it's about the same as north Franklin). It was always somewhat rural, country, and largely undeveloped.

Now the development is closing in on Nolensville from 3 sides. It is very close to Brentwood's developments on Sunset Rd., and Nashville is creeping down Nolensville Rd. to Concord and Burkitt. You also have Smyrna/La Vergne from the east creeping ever closer on Rock Springs Road. Soon, Nolensville isn't going to be the rural farming community it once was...it could soon be a major crossroads between Brentwood, Nashville, and Smyrna. 15 years ago, I could not have imagined Nolensville being completely surrounded by development, but it soon will be.

The regional planning commission also has eventual plans of widening Nolensville Rd., bypassing downtown Nolensville, and connecting a 5 lane highway to 840 in Triune. In 10-20 years, Nolensville could have major development all around it, and could be one of the main connections between the Williamson and Rutherford County urbanized areas. Amazing.

As it stands, the little town only has 3,000 people...but that could easily balloon to 10-15,000 in just a few short years (IF they take the same "friendly development route" of the cities around them, like Brentwood and Smyrna)

Old 02-26-2011, 01:08 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
Nolensville will be the next Spring Hill.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Nolensville will be the next Spring Hill.
Maybe not exactly, but I think there are definitely some similarities between the two. The main difference as of now is that there is no intestate/freeway access to Nolensville. That and I know of no plans to place a major manufacturing facility in town.

But yeah, Nolensville could easily grow up from a few thousand people to 10-15,000 over just a few years. It just depends on whether the local government there chooses to be growth friendly. It's in the right county...that's for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville