U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2007, 04:14 AM

14 posts, read 47,271 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I was looking at coming back to the States from England for a couple of months before Christmas as a build up to a possible move next year but due to getting time off work and more importantly the cost i have roughly 3 1/2 weeks to play with.

That isn't so much of a problem, the problem is finding somewhere to stay. I was looking at Hendersonville but can't seem to find any vacation rentals and it's too short a period of time for an apartment rent and anything like a hotel is out of the question!

Seeing as this trip, which isn't even a holiday, is kinda important to my near future i beg anyone with knowledge of the Nashville area to help!

In 3 weeks i should be able to scout out most of the areas, from research here, i could see myself moving to but as i said i need help with the lodging side.

I would like to stay in a nice area, not a million miles from downtown. Most of my research has been Hendersonville so i am not that sure about places to stay in Nashville itself or the surrounding area. I am not asking for an area to live, only i can find that out, but just a place to stay for my recce. trip.

(orginally i wanted to stay in H'Ville to see if i could live there but now due to the problems i mentioned i need somewhere from where i can scout from... hope that makes sense?)

Thanks for any help
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 05:45 AM

6,290 posts, read 21,447,111 times
I'm not sure I can be of much help. A few possibilities . . .

-Stay at one of the "extended stay" inns around town. There are several. The one on West End would be convenient. They have weekly rates that aren't too bad.

-Put an ad on Craigslist Nashville. Someone might be in need of a short-term tenant, or a roommate. As always, use caution when using Craigslist. Send no money beforehand, and if they ask you to use Western Union, run away quickly, it's a scam. They're probably not even in this country.

-Stay at one of the really cheap motels (like Motel 8 or Red Roof). If you're going to be mostly "out and about" and just need a place to sleep, these would work, at least for three weeks. I once stayed at a Red Roof Inn for a month on business.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:03 AM

225 posts, read 1,079,215 times
There are lots of options through corporate housing companies which assist families who are in transition between homes. You could rent a fully furnished apartment for a one month period through these type of companies. Prices vary depending on which apartment complex you use and the size of the apartment you need - 1 br, 2 br. If you need specific info just let me know and I'll send you some names and phone numbers.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:09 AM

14 posts, read 47,271 times
Thank you very much guys.

I didn't like the look of craigslist and I recenty spent 5 weeks in American hotels so don't really fancy a motel, I will check out the extended stay inns and the housing sounds good, depending on price.

WELLKIDS could you send me some info about the apartments, i will be on my own so not sure if that is a problem. I am 22, i can afford a fairly nice place but as i said i have had enough of hotels which are too expensive for that period of time and for what you get. I don't need to 'rough' the trip, so i can avoid hostels etc.

It would be perfect to have a place to myself, so i don't have to eat out all time which will save money : )

Old 08-09-2007, 05:55 PM

47 posts, read 158,220 times
Stay at a hostel..there is one right on 18th and Patterson in the city...very active place(not private)...and the other one is in Brentwood at Maxwell Lane (more private, laid back)..nice country setting, nice people......I have stayed at both...I know the people...costs are between 19-20/day...so much better than paying higher prices...just type in Hostel Nashville TN and both will come up..if you need more info from me...pm me and I will help best I could. I know some things...

blessings,
Optimum

Old 08-10-2007, 10:47 PM

2,865 posts, read 8,687,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Guy : ) View Post
Thank you very much guys.

I didn't like the look of craigslist and I recenty spent 5 weeks in American hotels so don't really fancy a motel, I will check out the extended stay inns and the housing sounds good, depending on price.

WELLKIDS could you send me some info about the apartments, i will be on my own so not sure if that is a problem. I am 22, i can afford a fairly nice place but as i said i have had enough of hotels which are too expensive for that period of time and for what you get. I don't need to 'rough' the trip, so i can avoid hostels etc.

It would be perfect to have a place to myself, so i don't have to eat out all time which will save money : )
In Brentwood there are a few Extended stay hotels with Kitchens. Brentwood is a very nice area.
#1 Homewood Suites Homewood Suites Brentwood Tennessee - Nashville Hotel - Brentwood, TN Hotels
#2http://www.hotel-rates.com/us/tennessee/brentwood/mainstay-suites-brentwood.html
On that Website you can find others like Extended Stay America.
If you call any they may be able to give you a weekly rate.
Fyi, Homewood has free breakfast, buffet, and M-thurs-light dinner included
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville