Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,821 times

Advertisements

I need names of subdivisions that cater/built to/for those over-55 retiree type people in Williamson County. Prefer one-level, cluster or patio or condo type residence as well as single-family dwelling type. Prefer 2 bedroom with den/office, 2-bath, 2-car attached garage. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 02:28 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
There are very few of this type of community in this area because the land is so expensive.
Reid Hill Commons in Franklin is a dedicated 55+ community, but it is not the most attractive location in my opinion, as it is on a busy highway.
There are other neighborhoods that have the type of housing you want but are NOT designated older-adult communities. One example of this in Brentwood is a small neighborhood called Landmark.
Villages at Morningside in Franklin has this type of home. I think it is a very pretty neighborhood in the heart of Cool Springs. It has an assisted living facility in the complex also. The homes here rarely come on the market.
I believe there is one in a Franklin neighborhood called Fieldstone Farms. It may be called Windsor Park.

I hope this helps. The most widely marketed active adult community in Middle Tennessee lately has been Lake Providence by Del Webb, but it's in Mt. Juliet which is a different county. I also have heard complaints about the construction there.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:15 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,772 times
Yes there is a section in Fieldstone Farms that is Over 55. They look nice, small area. I have seen some with 2 car garages. They have a little patio of a back yard and the garages of two units might share a common wall. Walking distance to Publix/Walgreens and the Franklin Trolley stops inside the little development which can take you to downtown Franklin, The Factory, the mall and I think Williamson Medical Center? Very near the firehouse as well.

I don't know the name of it but it's only 3 streets:
Holland Park Lane
Alton Park Lane
Chadwell Lane

I don't see any for sale at the moment. Good location.

Oh, here's one. Two bedroom but only a one car garage. There ARE some two car garage ones though . . .

http://www.realtracs.com/PropertyDet...tmkicHXNMq+Oiw

Last edited by CountryGirl2b=; 09-02-2011 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: Additional info

Old 09-02-2011, 08:05 PM

722 posts, read 2,100,990 times
Del Webb has a community in Mt Juliet. Not Williamson County but a nice area of town
Lake Providence | Active Adult Community Mt. Juliet TN | Del Webb homes

Old 09-05-2011, 10:31 AM

159 posts, read 333,128 times
We are in a subdivision in Maury Co. that is all-brick, caters to empty-nesters, 3 br, ranch, open floor plan, bonus and 2-3 car garage. We do have an acre of land, but there are lots of lawn care business around. 30 min to Cool Springs, 45 min to BNA, 45 min. to downtown Nashville. Easy access to I65 and 840.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:39 PM

2,428 posts, read 5,546,355 times
there was supposed to be a 55 plus community built next to Westhaven, but not sure what happened with the economy and all.

There is another one being built on the east side of Franklin. It recently went before the planning board, but I don't know where it is in the development stage.

Willow Springs isn't a 55+ community, but it has a lot of empty nesters. Its HOA dues include yard maintenance even for single families.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:53 AM

6 posts, read 13,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
There are very few of this type of community in this area because the land is so expensive.
Reid Hill Commons in Franklin is a dedicated 55+ community, but it is not the most attractive location in my opinion, as it is on a busy highway.
There are other neighborhoods that have the type of housing you want but are NOT designated older-adult communities. One example of this in Brentwood is a small neighborhood called Landmark.
Villages at Morningside in Franklin has this type of home. I think it is a very pretty neighborhood in the heart of Cool Springs. It has an assisted living facility in the complex also. The homes here rarely come on the market.
I believe there is one in a Franklin neighborhood called Fieldstone Farms. It may be called Windsor Park.

I hope this helps. The most widely marketed active adult community in Middle Tennessee lately has been Lake Providence by Del Webb, but it's in Mt. Juliet which is a different county. I also have heard complaints about the construction there.
I looked at a number of Del Webb homes in Mt Juliet and they were, in fact, poorly built. It was apparent from the outside that corners had been cut and lower quality materials used---the inside just backed up my initial impression. I wanted to like them, but won't spend my hard earned money on a home that's not worth the price. I'm currently living in a 1960 brick ranch and still looking for a retirement community.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:39 AM

53 posts, read 76,186 times
Morningside in Cool Springs is a really nice little community.

I recently toured the Heritage at Brentwood with my mother. They have villas with garages and apartments with underground parking. There are lots of active seniors living here. My mother is in her 80's, I wish she had moved here after my father died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville