Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2007, 04:37 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,126,151 times

Advertisements

A few months ago a poster was asking about places in Nashville where former residents of New Orleans gather. Since I work with a couple of guys who came up after Katrina, I asked them. One of them recommended a couple of restaurants in the area: Steamboat Bill's in Hendersonville and Chappy's on Church Street in Nashville.

There was a segment on Chappy's on the locally produced TV program Tennessee Crossroads (PBS) this week. The place looked and sounded great. I plan on taking a certain young woman there for her birthday in a few weeks.

Full disclosure: I have no connection with Chappy's whatsoever. I'm just relaying what I've seen and heard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 12:07 PM

9 posts, read 28,354 times
Let me know how it is and happy birthday to your lady friend -

Old 09-28-2007, 02:52 PM

13 posts, read 70,218 times
Chappy's is really good and has a really great atmosphere. I went with a large group about a month ago and everything was on point. The best part was that Chappy himself came out to our table and introduced himself. He is a very gregarious man who you can't help but instantly like. The food was great. I had turtle soup and the veal. The meal was excellent and the veal was cooked perfectly. I would recommend anyone going there, I know I will definitely be going back. If I had to make a complaint it was that they only had one server to handle our party of 20 and so sometimes the service was a little slow. I can imagine that not being a problem for smaller groups. It definitely reminds me of New Orleans and that southern creole kind of way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville