Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2016, 03:40 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,741,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinestx View Post
Are you referring to Sam's? That's crowded every time I go there.
Hahaha, I thought he was talking about Sam's Club across the street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 06:51 AM

57 posts, read 67,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcitymike View Post
I reached out to the reporter last week. Here's what she said:

"The last I have heard is that they will begin remodeling in September. I haven’t confirmed this yet though, but I have been told they are still planning to move into the old Mimi’s building – just not on the timeline they originally gave."

Great news. My kids love that place.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:59 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
The bar across the way from the back of Mimi's is a pretty busy place too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinestx View Post
Are you referring to Sam's? That's crowded every time I go there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
Hahaha, I thought he was talking about Sam's Club across the street.
Ha, no I meant Sam's Sports Bar. Though maybe people are playing real life Frog ger and trying to hike across ILB to Sam's.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:43 AM

73 posts, read 93,116 times
Mellow Mushroom prices are way too high. Again, too bad that location isn't going to be something more affordable/safer/better serviced, like Chuys or Jim n Nicks. Or even a Macaroni Grill (yes I know it's not cheap). Too large for a Chipotle or Moe's.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:14 AM

I could see Chuy's or Jim n Nick's doing pretty well there. Not to sound like a broken record but there are way too many pizza places already on ILB but I think Mellow Mushroom might do okay in the location in spite of that. It is a bit pricey, but it has a great beer selection and has a much more different feel than the other pizzerias around. That said, having Sam's Sports Bar next door and soon Jonathan's nearby might cut into their bar draw.

You hit the nail on the head though, the size of that location is both its biggest draw and biggest drawback. Too big for some of the popular but smaller chains (though there are plenty of other options available for those around).

I think until there are more office complexes in the area, the restaurant scene in ILB is going to be a little tough. Areas with good concentrations of office complexes lead to lunch crowds which can sustain a restaurant during the week when weeknight business is typically low.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:14 PM

I can't imagine the traffic on ILB if anything else (restaurants/offices/anything) is added. And more nice restaurants/stores means even more traffic from Madison and other surrounding cities, which is already a big contribution to the street congestion. I really wish Rivergate would revitalize to pull off some of that.

Old 08-25-2016, 03:53 PM

256 posts, read 482,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loop View Post
Mellow Mushroom prices are way too high. Again, too bad that location isn't going to be something more affordable/safer/better serviced, like Chuys or Jim n Nicks. Or even a Macaroni Grill (yes I know it's not cheap). Too large for a Chipotle or Moe's.
The think is ILB can support Chuys, Jim n Nicks and a Mellow Mushroom. Sumner's population is growing every month. Housing is continuing to explode with all the new neighborhood either being built or in the pipeline.

Mellow Mushroom's prices can be higher than some pizza joints, I agree. But between their high quality pizza's, unusual interior decoration (I like the funk/groove feel) AND great beer selection, I'll gladly pay more.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:15 AM

Quote:
I can't imagine the traffic on ILB if anything else (restaurants/offices/anything) is added. And more nice restaurants/stores means even more traffic from Madison and other surrounding cities, which is already a big contribution to the street congestion. I really wish Rivergate would revitalize to pull off some of that.
Agreed the congestion is an issue...and one they need to be very proactive about but doubt they will do anything until people are crying for mercy.

One thing that might alleviate this in a small way is the continued growth towards Saundersville Rd. Seems like I also read about a development going across the bypass. If expansion starts to occur across the bypass and further north towards Saundersville, that might at least spread the congestion around versus keeping it localized at ILB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcitymike View Post
The think is ILB can support Chuys, Jim n Nicks and a Mellow Mushroom. Sumner's population is growing every month. Housing is continuing to explode with all the new neighborhood either being built or in the pipeline.

Mellow Mushroom's prices can be higher than some pizza joints, I agree. But between their high quality pizza's, unusual interior decoration (I like the funk/groove feel) AND great beer selection, I'll gladly pay more.
I approve this message. Ate at a MM down in Chattanooga a few months back and really enjoyed it. Do you think there's maybe too much overlap between Sam's and MM's demographics? That's my main concern with this particular location (aside from the saturation of pizza joints already).

Old 08-26-2016, 12:40 PM

+1 pizza joint
Sanders Ferry Pizza & Pub to replace Piranha's

To each his own but MM pizza isn't worth the cost to me. And I won't pay extra just for hippy decor and employees, or beer selection. There are plenty of places to get good beer. FYI even Mafiaoza's is cheaper than MM.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:58 PM

50 posts, read 71,998 times
Quote:
To each his own but MM pizza isn't worth the cost to me. And I won't pay extra just for hippy decor and employees, or beer selection. There are plenty of places to get good beer. FYI even Mafiaoza's is cheaper than MM.
Not a fan of MM either. I went to the one in Murfreesboro and thought it was high. No pun intended.

I might have to try out Mafiaoza's next time I go across the lake. I've never been to one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville