Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 03:55 PM

17 posts, read 58,417 times

Advertisements

I will be buying a used car in the Madison area within the next few days. Looking for a good "buy here pay here" place. Any suggestions and anyplace I should beware of??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 07:35 PM

933 posts, read 2,741,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLivin View Post
I will be buying a used car in the Madison area within the next few days. Looking for a good "buy here pay here" place. Any suggestions and anyplace I should beware of??
Good luck with getting financing through the dealership....veeery bad idea. Go to a bank (or better yet credit union) and get pre approved to a certain amount with a good interest rate. I really wouldn't recommend a car payment at all and paying cash.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:10 AM

488 posts, read 1,176,412 times
Don't know about the whole finance thing but it seems like CARMAX has about as good of a deal on used cars as anywhere.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:40 AM

54 posts, read 108,133 times
Try J.D. Byrider on Gallatin Road in Madison.

They are really good to work with. They even worked with me on my downpayment.

Good luck!

Old 06-25-2008, 12:59 PM

162 posts, read 604,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
Good luck with getting financing through the dealership....veeery bad idea. Go to a bank (or better yet credit union) and get pre approved to a certain amount with a good interest rate. I really wouldn't recommend a car payment at all and paying cash.
Yank283, I am considering purchasing a preowned vehicle and want to get a preapproved loan as I think that will work best for me but what is a good interest rate? I've never purchased a used car with payments...I've only bought used cars cash or leased...

Old 06-25-2008, 01:12 PM

Whew, it's been awhile since I had a car payment...maybe 7% or below? anybody else know?

Old 06-25-2008, 01:18 PM

Oh yeah, read the fine print on the contract. I got bent over by Bill Heard Chevrolet when I first moved to Nashville. Since then, I think Channel 5 news had done a segment on their crooked financing practices and the Better business Bureau has done an investigation. I ended up paying about $29,000 for a vehicle that I supposedly bought for $16,000. It was legal I suppose but the salesman verbally lied to me (I know shocking). I just didn't read the contract through and could not prove what he had said. NEVER AGAIN.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
Oh yeah, read the fine print on the contract. I got bent over by Bill Heard Chevrolet when I first moved to Nashville. Since then, I think Channel 5 news had done a segment on their crooked financing practices and the Better business Bureau has done an investigation. I ended up paying about $29,000 for a vehicle that I supposedly bought for $16,000. It was legal I suppose but the salesman verbally lied to me (I know shocking). I just didn't read the contract through and could not prove what he had said. NEVER AGAIN.
Wow ! My face was floored when you said that. This is why I totally hate buying cars. I usually just take my sister and she does all the work (used to do car sales and financing). But now that I am in another state, I feel totally lost and screwed.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:47 PM

What about buying or leasing new cars or certified preowned? What dealers are recommended in the Nashville area?

Old 06-25-2008, 01:50 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,888,657 times
There used to be a great dealership on Dickerson rd. but they went out of business.

My wife bought at carmax, I'll never buy from anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville