Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 09:07 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times

Advertisements

Here's the thing, Southbound, you need to find you OWN niche.

#1 It's the hardest thing to do. Not sure if I had a REALLY good idea that I would share it online. I'd do it myself.

#2 A niche without heart is nothing. Someone might have a really great idea but it's THEIR idea. If they suggest a pizza parlor and you're not really a foodie then you probably won't be that successful at it.

#3 Things we miss about a previous life, we miss BECAUSE they were a previous life. Chances are if we spend lots of money to have that food item (say crab cakes) shipped to us, they won't taste the same because we miss the ambiance of where we ate them.

All that said, IF you are at all interested in food, you might try a food truck? I'm thinking it would be cheaper than outfitting a restaurant and hiring employees, etc. They seem to be in vogue now and you can always move it if the location isn't right. Of course you'd have to check local ordinances.

The only thing I have wanted to do that I haven't found someone TO do is dig a hole. I am capable of planting trees/bushes/etc. But a lot of the nurseries will deliver but that's it. You get a tree in your driveway. The ones that DO plant for you are out of my price range. Tennessee dirt/mud is rough, tough, cement like. So if you had portable hole digger for fence posts and gardening, that might make money without a lot of initial outlay. OR hire kids with a lot of patience for hard work. Call it something snappy . . . . I miss the dirt in CT.

But seriously, a niche you find yourself is worth way more than two on this board.

All the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 03:13 PM

584 posts, read 1,136,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBound3 View Post
A question for both native Nashvillians as well as transplants: Is there a product and/or service that you would like to see in the Nashville area? It's suburbs?
Bagel shop. They're few and far between here.

And a store that sells reverse osmosis water like the Purified Water To Go store that I miss. There are none here at all that I've seen.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:42 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
. . . . I miss the dirt in CT.
I think this may be the funniest transplant "I miss..." comment I've read. But I definitely hear what you're saying. Digging holes here isn't much fun...

Old 01-24-2012, 04:14 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anony-Momma View Post
Bagel shop. They're few and far between here.
Couldn't agree more with you!!!!

Old 01-25-2012, 08:20 AM

584 posts, read 1,136,532 times
A drive-through car wash is another thing I haven't seen here.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:45 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
There are a couple near Cool Springs. One at the Home Depot I think. And maybe one up at the Mapco Station near there? You pay at the pump when you get your gas and then drive up and push a code for it to start.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:06 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
LOTS of them. I can think of 6 in Franklin of the top of my head. The Shell and Mapco by Wmsn Med exit have them, Moores Ln exit mini-mart and Home Depot, plus 2 more by the Cool Springs exit.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:16 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
I can think of several in the greater Hendersonville area too...one near Indian Lake in front of K Mart (brand new), one near New Shackle on Gallatin, and a few gas stations around have them.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:54 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
These in Cool Springs do a great job:

Auto Wash Express :: About Us (http://www.autowashexp.com/index.htm?id=15356 - broken link)

Miles Auto Spa | about

You don't drive your car through, but it is automated.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:13 PM

24 posts, read 41,135 times
I would love to see a real meat market. I've been looking for a ham shank for my bean soup and no luck at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville