Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2012, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,143 times

Advertisements

An appeal for some guidance...my daughter lives in Nashville and has found herself is a tough situation. A few years ago during the start of the housing crisis she moved in with friends, a couple, who struggled to hang on to their home. Seemed like a good thing at the time because she is so all alone down there (family in Wisconsin), and her 'rent' would help the couple keep their home. She even signed a lease agreement for the mortgage company. However, the foreclosure is going to happen anyway and she has to move. She's having a lot of trouble finding a nice place because her credit rating is damaged by student loans and medical bills. She's worked in the same place for years, is a stable, kind young woman. She is an exceptional young woman with a few hard knocks through no fault of her own. How can she get a decent, safe place to live? Thanks for your time, Nashville...Momma
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 04:08 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,398 times
When I first started in Nashville (and my career), I had NO credit (always paid with cash, went to school on schollie) so I had rough time finding an apartment to rent. Thankfully West End Terrace is a combo of apartments and condos, and I was able to find a guy who owned 2 condos at WET.

Give the manager there a call and tell them your situation and maybe they can find someone willing to rent to your daughter.

(615) 356-8616

Old 02-07-2012, 04:17 PM

63 posts, read 170,650 times
I would imagine there are quite a few people who live in Nashville or move to Nashville with average to poor credit. Is this really that big of a problem in Nashville? People won't rent to people without good credit? How good of credit should someone have in order to rent?

What about all the musicians who flock to Nashville on a weekly basis? Not to stereotype musicians too much (I'm a musician myself), but surely not all of those musicians have good credit!

Old 02-08-2012, 08:50 AM

46 posts, read 91,924 times
I have the same questions as Moving_South. My assumption has always been that if trying to rent from a property management company, and you have poor credit, it will be an issue. But if you are renting from a private owner, you might have an easier time

Old 02-08-2012, 07:34 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,447,714 times
I don't know if this is the case in Nashville, but when I needed to rent right out of school with basically no credit to speak of, even the nice complexes have plans for that.

The 2 different places I've rented had options such as having a co-signer or paying an extra months rent for deposit. There was a third option, too, but I can never remember what that was. It doesn't hurt to ask what their policy is.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:10 PM

195 posts, read 525,209 times
Glastonbury Woods. Lived there for a year back in 2008-09. Paid at the time $575 a month including water. Safe, peaceful, practical. Would be better if she can get a roommate so they can split rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville