Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2012, 07:44 PM

2 posts, read 6,173 times

Advertisements

I am interviewing for a job at Southern Hills Medical Center in Nashville. I have wanted to move to Nashville FOREVER! However, I'm a little concerned about the neighborhood that this hospital is in. I need to live within 30 minutes of the hospital for call in purposes. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Also, if you have any info on Southern Hills feel free to share!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 08:36 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,145,678 times
If you want to be within a 30-minute drive of Southern Hills Medical Center, you're not really limited to the Southeast. You could theoretically live as far north as Goodlettsville or as far south as Franklin and have a 30-minute commute.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:37 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times
I have a friend who works at Southern Hills and she loves it. A lot of her patients do not speak English, but that doesn't bother her. They have phone translators when needed.
What department is the job in? My husband had same day surgery there, and that was a really nice department. And we have been to the ER twice, once for stitches and once for anaphylaxis, both times they got us back really quickly and the care was great.

As far as living around the area, what is your budget and what things are most important to you? Schools, shopping, etc? Do you want a house or apartment?
There are some very nice areas within 30 minutes, it really just depends on your budget and needs.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 6,173 times
That makes me feel way better I am interviewing for a job in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab.
I have a cousin that lives near the downtown area on 12th street. So, it'd be nice to somewhat close to her. As far as where her house is, I'm just worried that since it's mostly interstate to the hospital, that during rush hour I wouldn't be able to make it in 30 minutes.
I'm thinking I'll want an apartment more than a house. As far as price range, I'm not 100% sure because I would like to see what they're offering for pay at the hospital. But I'm thinkin about something around 600 or so. Less would be better as always haha. And I'm just looking for a nice neighborhood. Close to some cool stores and restaurants and stuff would be nice. I don't have any kids so it doesn't really need to be close to any schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville