U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 06:52 AM

35 posts, read 95,841 times

Advertisements

My husband was down in Nashville this week looking around as we may be moving down there in the near future. He loved it down there! He will be commuting to the Vanderbilt medical center so he was shown Brentwood and Franklin. we have done some of our own research and was wondering if Nolensville is an option. Is it just not convenient to the highways? We have 2 children 6, and 1 y/o. We are also considering Hendersonville. Our price range is 250-350. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. We are moving from NH, my husband currently commutes 1-2 hours EACH WAY into Boston. We need to GET OUT! :-)

Thanks soooo much for all your help!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 07:28 AM

6,290 posts, read 21,445,176 times
It would be a bit of a long commute, but not too bad if traffic is moving. It's not that far from Nolensville to I-24 or I-65 but those highways carry a lot of traffic.

Another option might be Kingston Springs, or posssibly even Pleasant View or Cooperstown.

If you're considering private schools for the kids, then there are other places I can suggest. And frankly, the Metro Nashville elementary schools in the nicer areas are generally okay; it's the high schools that are somewhat iffy. In that case you could look at Bellevue, West Meade, maybe Green Hills or Hillwood ($250-350k is on the low side in those areas). The commute from the west to Vanderbilt is probably the easiest in town. I live in Bellevue and used to work very near Vandy; I came in a little early and left a little early and my commute wasn't bad (30 minutes or so in the afternoon).

Old 09-16-2007, 07:39 AM

35 posts, read 95,841 times
Thanks so much, good schools are must and probably not private. I will look into those other areas

Old 09-16-2007, 07:52 AM

6,290 posts, read 21,445,176 times
By the way, I wasn't ruling out Franklin or Hendersonville for you; just giving you some more options. Brentwood probably is out of the question. I'm not sure you can find a house in Brentwood for $350k. Maybe though. The real estate people here can answer that better than I can.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:20 PM

31 posts, read 129,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dritterb View Post
My husband was down in Nashville this week looking around as we may be moving down there in the near future. He loved it down there! He will be commuting to the Vanderbilt medical center so he was shown Brentwood and Franklin. we have done some of our own research and was wondering if Nolensville is an option. Is it just not convenient to the highways? We have 2 children 6, and 1 y/o. We are also considering Hendersonville. Our price range is 250-350. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. We are moving from NH, my husband currently commutes 1-2 hours EACH WAY into Boston. We need to GET OUT! :-)

Thanks soooo much for all your help!
Nolensville is an option and I think possibly Goodlettsville. The schools are good in both places. Goodlettsville is a bit more rural than Hendersonville, but you are still close to the lake if water is important.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:20 PM

1,177 posts, read 3,834,357 times
If you do decide on Nolensville, the following developments are in the Williamson County portion and have homes in the price range you indicated: Bent Creek, Winterset Woods, Stonebrook, Ballenger Farms, Silver Stream. If you need more information just email me.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:30 PM

1,177 posts, read 3,834,357 times
Also Dritterb, if you want Williamson County because of the schools there are many other options in your price range. It appears three of the major components in your decision are price, schools, and travel time to Vanderbilt. Feedback that you get on this board will help as people here are generally fairly knowledgable about the area, although some may be a little biased. I would also suggest you research the schools on the internet and a realtor could be of help to you.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:13 PM

210 posts, read 540,610 times
Default nolensville is better

The Commute from Hendersonville will be a complete nightmare!!!! Nolensville is out there but is a nice safe area with good schools. I will tell you that nolensville is growing. Tons of new stores and reasturants are going up in that area every month!!! Before too long it will be its own little-big community. Just trust me when i say that the commute from north of nashville into town is far worse that from the south going north!!

Old 09-23-2007, 01:19 PM

210 posts, read 540,610 times
Default Brenthaven

There is a neighborhood in brentwood called Brenthaven. It is one of the oldest ones around. Nice older homes, built in the 70's-80's. Because of that they tend to run less in cost then the new construction. The area is totally family friendly, very close to Crockett Park, the Cool Springs mall area. The only problem you might encounter is some major redecorating needs..lol. A lot of the houses have had the same owners since the 70's You can find a house in Brentwood for less then 350K ..they are there, just make your realtor do their work!!!

Old 09-23-2007, 06:17 PM

15 posts, read 51,447 times
I found 19 properties in Brentwood from 274,900-350,000 price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville