Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2012, 09:29 AM

4 posts, read 24,648 times

Advertisements

So my husband and I will be moving into a new apartment in the summer. We're both MTSU students and will be graduating spring 2013. We're ready to move on from the college apartments and want to go somewhere that has a quieter, more family-like atmosphere that is safe. We've already narrowed down a few and we're looking at Tennessee Park, Gateway, and maybe Birchwood and Vintage at the Parke (we're going to tour some complexes today). At the moment I'm leaning towards Tennessee Park, but I'm open to suggestions from people. I couldn't find any online reviews other than one 4-star rating for Tennessee Park, so if anyone knows anything about this complex, please share it with me.

Our criteria includes rent that is under $650 for a 1-bedroom (or a 2-bedroom, if the rent happens to be under $650 as well), washer and dryer included, a safe area (don't want to deal with crime and/or sketchy people), good size (our current 1-bedroom is only 478 sq. ft. and we definitely need more room nowadays), pet friendly (we have a cat), and a reasonable distance from campus, probably no more than a 15-minute drive. And I'd like to not have to brave the traffic of Old Fort Parkway.

So, does anyone have any suggestions OR feedback on the complexes I've listed? Anything helps. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 10:50 AM

79 posts, read 241,756 times
I live off of Cason Lane/Highway 96 in Carrington Park Apartment. The apartment is very family friendly and never had any safety issue for last 1.5 years we've been living there. There are also other apartments like Cason Estates, Stoneridge, St. Andrews apartments, close to where I live and I have seen them all and they all are nice. You should be able to find something in your budget in one of these. I'll start with St. Andrews and Carrington. The rest two I mentioned are little expensive.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:19 PM

367 posts, read 584,518 times
I lived in Tennessee Park when I was in college and it was full of college students. If you are trying to get away from college students I recommend Vintage at the Parke. It is on the south side of town away from the school. You can walk to Barfield Crescent park and there are plenty of restaurants and a Kroger nearby.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:36 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,959,037 times
Try Westbury Farms on New Salem by the new Publix. I have 2 friends that live there. Nice size 1 bedrooms for $650 with washer and dryer. Lots of families live there. It's far enough away from the college so you won't have to deal with that. It's new so the apts are in great shape. They have a gym as well.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:11 AM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,994 times
I recommend St Andres Apartments off St Andrews and 96. My son has lived there for 3 years, and management is excellent there. I believe a 1 bedroom is in that price range. He has a 2 bedroom, 2 baths and its not high.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:23 PM

4 posts, read 24,648 times
Well, we decided on Tennessee Park, and we're really excited to move. I think it'll be great. It's perfect for our budget and fits all of our criteria. All the others were either too expensive and far, or cheap and sketchy. Thanks for the input, everyone.

MTFan, what I meant was that we are trying to get away from specifically "college apartments" like Campus Crossings, University Gables, University Ridge, etc. We know that Tennessee Park probably has students, but they also have other kinds of people (I have seen them, too) and it seems a lot quieter.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:39 AM

2 posts, read 15,763 times
I have lived at Westbury (when it was just built and still undergoing construction) and currently live at Saint Andrews (will be moving in a couple months). I went to Woodgate (same company and design as Westbury, located on Saint Andrews Drive) and was told that their one bedrooms are now priced around $700 to start--when I moved into Westbury a few years ago the one bedrooms were $624, and when a friend of mine moved in a few years ago her first year was only $595, but I think rental prices are skyrocketing everywhere.

While I haven't had any issues at Saint Andrews in the three years I have been there, when I moved in 2009 my rent for a 2 bed, 1 bath was $699, and when I received my renewal notice this week, my rent was going to be raised to $750 for the next year (my second year it was raised to $709, then to $725). I'm not sure what the one bedrooms are right now, but there are two layouts, and the cheaper one is REALLY small (if you don't have a lot of furniture though that might not be an issue for you).

I can tell you based on my own research recently that the one bedrooms are Carrington Park are TINY and I think they may be above your $650 range anyway.

I feel like the Cason Lane/Saint Andrews neighborhood is nice, but it is on the other side of town from campus if you're worried about getting to your classes, so definitely allow extra time for parking on campus. I currently work for the university (off campus) and I can tell parking is even worse now than it was when I was a student 7 years ago.

I'm not sure what the prices are now, but you might check out Northfield Commons. I had a friend who lived there several years ago and they were nice, and they are also close enough to campus to not making a commute but far enough removed to not be completely surrounded by students and college life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville