Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 12:06 PM

1,991 posts, read 3,969,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin south of Nashville View Post
Little over the top, but very cool to see our local spots at their best. Never realized how close the Shelby Street Bridge was to Music Row ;-)
I'm just glad the pedestrian bridge was IN the show. You see so many scene shots from other cities in other shows, it's just great to finally have Nashville scene shots in a tv show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 01:43 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
A friend of mine who lives downtown said the record label lobby is the lobby for The Encore condo complex downtown.
I thought for sure that was the lobby of Bass Berry & Sims in the Pinnacle Building.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:08 PM

569 posts, read 1,425,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
I thought for sure that was the lobby of Bass Berry & Sims in the Pinnacle Building.
I'm pretty sure it's the top of the Pinnacle, we had our work Christmas party up there last year.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:12 PM

933 posts, read 2,742,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
That's what I was thinking. 99% sure the office for "Edgefield" music was that lobby. I also noticed some other scenes shot at The Pinnacle. Speaking of Edgefield, they have neen shooting quite a bit in that neighborhood...I'm going to guess the Bluebird waitress and/or the "edgy" alt country songwriter lives there...I enjoyed it...my opinion, the accents could have been better, all the male leads could have been swapped around and you wouldn't have known the difference (except Powers Booth, who is great), but overall, good fun. How the celebrities/stars kind of melded with the general populace and popped into venues was pretty realistic. Something I think pretty unique to Nashville (anti-LA). It was a bit slow, but they did have to develop the characters...looking forward to next week.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:01 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,772 times
Good point about the 'melding' of stars and common folk, such as myself. I saw Brad Paisley jogging and I didn't stop and ask for an autograph. I did almost run into a tree but . . . . at least I didn't bother HIM!

Old 10-11-2012, 04:30 PM

263 posts, read 614,151 times
It was cool seeing all the aerial shots, and I was really pleased to see shots of areas other than downtown. I didn't recognize everything, but I'm about 90 percent certain that I saw an aerial shot of the Avalon subdivision (the big houses on the hill) in Franklin.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:34 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,330,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
That's what I was thinking. 99% sure the office for "Edgefield" music was that lobby. I also noticed some other scenes shot at The Pinnacle. Speaking of Edgefield, they have neen shooting quite a bit in that neighborhood...I'm going to guess the Bluebird waitress and/or the "edgy" alt country songwriter lives there...I enjoyed it...my opinion, the accents could have been better, all the male leads could have been swapped around and you wouldn't have known the difference (except Powers Booth, who is great), but overall, good fun. How the celebrities/stars kind of melded with the general populace and popped into venues was pretty realistic. Something I think pretty unique to Nashville (anti-LA). It was a bit slow, but they did have to develop the characters...looking forward to next week.
It's definitely the Pinnacle. And I believe one of the characters (guitarist, maybe) lived in Terazzo. I'm glad they showed that area as a night shot, as it's still developing.

I do hope that they explore some of the other areas of town (like East Nashville). The scene selection in the pilot was excellent. I thought the production value was pretty high for this type of show.

I get what you're saying about the accents, though admittedly it could be a lot worse. Not many actual southerners are cast for the show, so some of the accents seem slightly forced...though one could argue that due to the high transplant population, Nashville doesn't have the discernible accent that it used to (think John Siegenthaler, Sr.), not like a NYC, Boston, Chicago, et al with a very distinct accent, where you would have a tougher time making it seem "authentic"...add to that Country musicians seem to flaunt their accents, and they are often exaggerated.

I doubt the male cast members are going to be as strong of a presence since the show (as of now) centers around Britton and Panettiere's characters...except for Powers Boothe (yes, he is awesome) who has a commanding personality. I liked Eric Close in Without A Trace, but I think you're right, and he gets sort of lost in the shuffle.

Hopefully the coming episodes will develop the character depth and personality as much as they expand the storylines.

One other thing I noticed...the scene where Powers Boothe is speaking to the crowd at what is probably assumed to be city hall...they filmed that at the Capitol Building (you can see as Connie Britton walks up the steps, though they don't show much of the actual building itself). I don't know if they couldn't or didn't want to film at city hall...but it bugged me since there is a huge difference between what goes on in local and state politics. I know that's being picky...but mayor of Nashville and governor of Tennessee are two very different positions...and only one is considered "most powerful in the state." We are the capital, but the mayor is not the most powerful man in town, as the show seems to lead you to believe.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:21 PM

1,580 posts, read 2,897,804 times
I watched and thought it was well done if not my normal type of thing. My girlfriend liked it a lot. We will probably watch it together. Hayden P/Juliette was a little over the top but the rest of the characters were good. I liked the range of country music and I enjoyed all the establishing shots of Nashville. Hopefully it will be a success and provide positive exposure to Nashville.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:32 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
One other thing I noticed...the scene where Powers Boothe is speaking to the crowd at what is probably assumed to be city hall...they filmed that at the Capitol Building (you can see as Connie Britton walks up the steps, though they don't show much of the actual building itself). I don't know if they couldn't or didn't want to film at city hall...but it bugged me since there is a huge difference between what goes on in local and state politics. I know that's being picky...but mayor of Nashville and governor of Tennessee are two very different positions...and only one is considered "most powerful in the state." We are the capital, but the mayor is not the most powerful man in town, as the show seems to lead you to believe.
I caught this too. My guess as to why they chose the State Capitol to serve as City Hall is because a) it conveys "power" more than the Courthouse does, b) it is a more unique building (how many cities and counties across the nation have a courthouse that looks more or less like ours?), but most importantly c) it's probably easier to film there since it's only used 5 months out of the year. It's been decades since I've been in the Courthouse but from what I've seen (even after the renovation) the interior is not as pretty as the State Capitol.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:23 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times
Is anyone else thinking The Bluebird will never be the same? I'm thinking it will soon be overrun with tourist thinking every Thurs. night The Bluebird is full of hot country music stars. And if you can just get on stage there, one of the biggest producers in town (who, of course, is also always hanging out there) will offer you a record deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville