Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 08:56 AM

3 posts, read 6,619 times

Advertisements

Hi

I have just relocated to the area. I am staying at an Extended Stay hotel until I find an apartment. I am looking for an apartment in the $500-700 range (We will be looking for jobs once we get an apartment - can't afford to stay in an extended stay for too long, degrees in teaching/business). I would like to be at most within a half hour from the downtown area. A safe area is a necessity.

Reading online reviews is really frusturating as it seems that all the apartments have roaches and rats - is this really true? Also, I am surprised at the prices of apartments - coming from a Northern city I expected the South to be cheaper. Can anyone recommend any good apartment complexes in any of the surrounding areas? I do not have any friends or family members living in the area and do not want to get stuck in a bad area. It will just be me and my husband. We also have a pet. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 09:57 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
Doubt you could find something for $500 but maybe? $700 more like it.

Please go to the upper right hand corner of the board (when you are not in a specific thread) and under SEARCH THIS FORUM type in the word "apartments". There are MANY threads there all about apartments. Read through those first as you may find an answer there. Antioch gets a bad rap but there are some decent complexes there.

I have friends who live off Bell Road, Mountain View road - up there. Will try to find out the name of the complex. Just checked with him. It is called The Summit. He has lived there for about 3 years and never had any problem.

Last edited by CountryGirl2b=; 06-06-2012 at 10:33 AM..

Old 06-06-2012, 12:35 PM

54 posts, read 130,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville0920 View Post
Hi

I am looking for an apartment in the $500-700 range (
Check out Sheffield Height. It close to airport and also you can get on to I40 within few mins.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:52 AM

Thanks for the replies.

Has anyone heard of Rock Harbor Condos? They have some ads online for a $650 condo rental with 700 square feet. Are these in a bad area? The address says 515 Basswood Avenue.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:01 AM

813 posts, read 2,031,772 times
Those are in Charlotte Park which is a very established middle/working class neighborhood behind Nashville West. Not really a bad area, but not really a trendy one either. I haven't heard anything about Rock Harbor, but some of the apartments around Charlotte Pike are a hit or a miss. I'm assuming that one is a private person renting so it could be nicer than some of the ones around it. I would generally say that you may want to avoid one of the apartment complexes on Premier Drive. Those are a bit sketch even though they are right behind Nashville West. Otherwise, you may just have to check it out.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:15 PM

Thanks. It is a private person so maybe we will drive by there and check it out. Have you ever heard of Nance Place - the address says 8 Academy Place - it doesn't look like a good area but I'm not sure?

Old 06-09-2012, 08:37 AM

813 posts, read 2,031,772 times
I believe Nance Place is a brand new loft development in Rolling Mill Hill which is an old industrial area turned into a neighborhood much like The Gulch. I believe that particular development is artist lofts so there may be income/employment restrictions. Not a bad area at all, but its new and should see a lot of activity in the coming years with everything going on nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville