Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 08:01 AM

9 posts, read 22,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by straw71 View Post
Run from Florida as fast as you can !!!!!! Tennessee has been way better. The cost of living has been less all around, from buying groceries, gas, to car insurance (Fl is one of the highest for that). The school system is better in Tn also. Williamson county has a good school system, just south of Nashville. And tell your wife that Fl is easy to get to from Tennessee You can drive it in less than a day , so visiting family would be easy!! With you moving from Broward County, the crime rate is way less!!! The snow in middle Tn is not that bad, coming from Fl, spent a winter in Colorado myself, that snow is a lot more to deal with. Having seasons is great, the trees are beautiful in the fall. Oh, and take it from me, the people in Tn are a lot friendlier than they are in Fl !!!!!! I have a brother in law in Ft. Lauderdale, and he wants out, wants to make it to Tn too.
This is very helpful and sure gives me a positive outlook in the move. Thanks for helping me out. Seems like theres more positive into moving to TN then there is staying in Fort Lauderdale. I hate it here and cant wait to leave!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 07:11 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,960,229 times
I moved here from South Florida 5 years ago this month and haven't looked back. We bought a much nicer home here than we had in FL . Everything is cheaper except for food. It's about the same as FL, but it's taxed. Car insurance will be about half of what it is in Broward. Homeowners insurance is more than half the cost as well. Rent here will be much less here as well. I live in Murfreesboro and you can rent a really nice 2 bedroom in a nice complex with pool and small workout facility for $800 a month. The weather is great! All 4 seasons! Plenty of outdoor activities! I think in your profession you could easily find a job here.
If you have any questions you can PM me and I will try to help!

Kim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville