Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2012, 04:23 PM

5 posts, read 5,957 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to find a place to move. I've been trying to find a good apartment that isn't too expensive but that's relatively close to the Rover route but i'm not having any success with finding up to date information so i thought i'd come here and see if y'all could help me out. I can't afford more than $525 per month and i don't want to live in a dangerous part of town. Any help with this would be extremely apprecitated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 06:20 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
This page shows their routes at the bottom. It names certain places along each route; some of them are apartment complexes.

Rover - Rover Fares - Schedules

Until someone in the 'Boro replies, you could find apartments in your price range here :

https://www.padmapper.com/

and check the maps to see how close they come to the Rover route.

The Rover website says they will make courtesy stops if you just flag down the driver. You could get a complex near a stop and then walk over.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:09 PM

5 posts, read 5,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
This page shows their routes at the bottom. It names certain places along each route; some of them are apartment complexes.

Rover - Rover Fares - Schedules

Until someone in the 'Boro replies, you could find apartments in your price range here :

https://www.padmapper.com/

and check the maps to see how close they come to the Rover route.

The Rover website says they will make courtesy stops if you just flag down the driver. You could get a complex near a stop and then walk over.
ok then.. didn't know about that site till you mentioned it. thanks

Old 10-04-2012, 08:36 PM

8 posts, read 23,206 times
I've lived here for 11 years, so I'm pretty knowledgeable about the Boro. The Rover, to be honest with you, is a great IDEA, but due to lack of funding, it is not where it needs to be in terms of lots of stops. It would be pretty difficult for you to live right near one of their stops unless you want to live in college apartments (e.g. places where you will have 3 roommates in one apartment, each with your own bedroom that locks independently). A lot of the college-geared apartment complexes have their own busses, but they only go from the complex to campus, not to jobs or shopping. I'm not sure if you're a student or not. This town in general is NOT equipped for adequate public transportation, walking, or biking. Hardly any sidewalks, except near campus. It is very difficult to get around town without a car.

As far as areas to avoid - Avoid anything on the end of Bradyville Pike that goes toward town (the end of Bradyville that is out toward the country is decent). Avoid anything near Castle Street. Rampant drug dealings there and gangs. Some areas of "downtown" and near MTSU campus are usually pretty safe - closer to campus is safer than even going a street or two over, however, you'll still have to deal with other tenants or neighbors who party a lot and are drunk often. There has been an increase in crime on/near campus in recent years, though.

Most of the "bad" areas are between Broad Street, Downtown, Memorial and parts of Rutherford Blvd, but there are patchy areas of good neighborhoods.

The areas off of Cason Lane, Old Fort Pkwy/Franklin Rd, and further out on Memorial toward the VA are all good areas, but a little pricier. You would be very hard pressed to find anything for $545, though (there aren't many studios here), unless you can rent with roommates. My suggestion would be to search Craigslist for people looking for roomies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville