Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 07:01 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,890,280 times

Advertisements

Pretty much, the only good areas of Antioch are north of Smith Springs Rd. along Bell Rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 07:09 PM

83 posts, read 374,987 times
The east side of Percy Priest Lake is not in Antioch. You were asking about Anderson Rd and Priest Lake Drive. These roads are on the west side of the lake and that part of the lake is considered part of Antioch.

What is the Zip code of the address you are looking at? Is it 37013?

Here is an address for a church on Anderson Rd:

Lakeshore Christian Church
3325 Anderson Rd
Antioch, TN 37013

The mailing address will be Antioch and the Schools will be Antioch.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:39 PM

93 posts, read 364,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNkudzu View Post
The east side of Percy Priest Lake is not in Antioch. You were asking about Anderson Rd and Priest Lake Drive. These roads are on the west side of the lake and that part of the lake is considered part of Antioch.

What is the Zip code of the address you are looking at? Is it 37013?

Here is an address for a church on Anderson Rd:

Lakeshore Christian Church
3325 Anderson Rd
Antioch, TN 37013

The mailing address will be Antioch and the Schools will be Antioch.
37013 covers a lot of area because my zip is 37013 and i'm near haywood lane.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:03 PM

The zip code does cover a lot of area. You are also in Antioch. Hobson Pike is way south of you that is also in Antioch. The Antioch High School is there. Sam’s Club is also in Antioch close to where you live.

Most of the area we are talking about has been going downhill in the past couple of years. I do not live in Antioch but shop there I try to go there less and less as time goes by. I would not shop in any part of it at night especially the Hickory Hollow Mall area.

Sometime I go through Antioch when I go to Nashville (Music Row). I have three choices, I-40 all the way. I-24 to I-440 to I-65 or take the back roads through Antioch etc.

Loved your comment in your previous post: i absolutely love the topography of the area and i hate to leave it behind (as i'll be moving soon) but probably all for the best because the people that inhabit this area seem to be more of the run-down type

Old 10-04-2007, 08:31 PM

45 posts, read 166,373 times
sorry I meant WEST side. I do know my directions. Just rushing.
The zip of this house, according to mapquest, is

Old 10-04-2007, 09:02 PM

93 posts, read 364,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNkudzu View Post
Most of the area we are talking about has been going downhill in the past couple of years. I do not live in Antioch but shop there I try to go there less and less as time goes by. I would not shop in any part of it at night especially the Hickory Hollow Mall area.
as long as i've lived in Antioch, i've heard people say the same, about not wanting to shop in Hickory Hollow at night. With due respect, i can't say i agree. It's always very clean, well lit, seemed as safe as anywhere to me, equal mixture of all types of people - but like anywhere - no matter where you're shopping - it pays to be smart and look over your shoulder, walk around your car before getting in, ideally - just ..being mindful.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:38 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
I looked it up on another zip code map. It is 37217 for that area.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:12 AM

443 posts, read 1,792,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishira View Post
as long as i've lived in Antioch, i've heard people say the same, about not wanting to shop in Hickory Hollow at night. With due respect, i can't say i agree. It's always very clean, well lit, seemed as safe as anywhere to me, equal mixture of all types of people - but like anywhere - no matter where you're shopping - it pays to be smart and look over your shoulder, walk around your car before getting in, ideally - just ..being mindful.

I don't think anyone is saying there are constant drive bys in the area but it certainly isn't what it used to be. There a so many more car break in's, robberies and punks in the area that it seems to have gone down hill. I lived and worked out in that area and the local Compton's foodland and lived on Woodbridge. We had a Nashville address even though we were very close to living in Antioch.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:23 AM

It was my mistake to assume the Zip Code will tell the whole story. Antioch post office is by Hickory Hollow Mall. The post office for 37217 is close to the Airport off Murfreesboro Rd. used them both in the past.

I do not know where the post office line is all I know is the High School for Anderson Rd is Antioch High. Most of your shopping will be done in Antioch or on Murfreesboro Rd not my favorite part of Nashville especially at night.

On the east side of Percy Priest Lake that is part of Davidson Co the Zip is 37076. This is Hermitage Zip but most of the kids go to Antioch Schools. I should have known better to equate Zip Codes to a place. As I said in my first post the Anderson Rd. area is probably the nicest part of THIS section of Davidson Co. no matter what we call it.

If I had kids and couldn’t send them to private school I would not move to this area. With no kids there are affordable homes in a decent neighborhood. Being close to the Lake makes it even nicer.

Nishira, I am glad you are not concerned about the Hickory Hollow Mall. I do read the papers and listen to the news. A young lady was held up two days ago by the mall as she was coming home from shopping. I also know people personally who had some problems at the mall. I shopped there in the past but in the last couple of years it has gone downhill also some of the stores moved. I prefer to shop in Providence, lot closer for me where I do not have to walk around my car to make sure some lowlife is not hiding behind my car.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:09 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,741,047 times
Stewarts Ferry Pike and Central Pike run out of the East side of the Lake. So does Mt Juliet Pike. Its close to Hermitage.

I know the kids out around Lincoya Bay go to Two Rivers High School, that where my step-kids went to school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville