Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2012, 09:48 PM

22 posts, read 49,771 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are thinking of taking a vacation to Nashville over the holidays. I'd like to know if there will be plenty of live music going on during the week to 10 days after Christmas? Or are the entertainers all taking a break to hang out with their own families?

I can't find any listings of concerts or performances then. I know they have a big free outdoor concert on New Years Eve, called Bash on Broadway, but no entertainers listed yet that I can find. If we come for a week, I would like to see live music every night, not just on New Years Eve.

I need to reserve lodging soon, but I don't want to spend our limited vacation budget on a week when there is little going on. On the other hand, that week works out well for my high schoolers. So... does anyone have any knowledge of the activity level for approximately December 27-January 5?

Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 09:50 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
do a search online for activities in Nashville for that time frame I'm sure you will find something or call the Chamber of Commerce or City Hall in Nashville or the Tennessee department of tourism.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:56 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
It is fairly dead around here that week. I remember someone on this forum last year had this same problem with finding live music performances, and about the only thing we could offer them was the Rockette show at Gaylord.

The Music City Bowl game is held on Dec. 31 also, and tons of tourists/football fans are in town for that, so you know the bars/honky tonks downtown will have someone playing. Broadway/2nd Avenue will be your best bet. But high-schoolers under age 21 would have a hard time getting in some places.

Unfortunately you'll be one day late for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra at Bridgestone arena on 12/26!

It is a bit early for most smaller venues to have their December schedules up. Most are only showing through October now.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:08 AM

2,325 posts, read 2,652,251 times
You might want to try the forums at tripadvisor.com which are geared toward tourism (these are more relocation oriented)

Old 09-21-2012, 12:09 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
The Opry is at the Ryman the 28th and 29th of December. I doubt you'll find anyone like Carrie Underwood playing those weeks. Are you looking for music or a big name person? Music will be everywhere but probably not people you have heard of.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:37 PM

3,047 posts, read 3,315,933 times
The Opry moves to the Ryman the first of November. You need to look at Opry.com as the Tuesday version ends, leaving the regular Friday/Saturday Opry. Exact cast is to be determined. A lot of the special holiday shows are a week before Christmas. The New Year's eve shows are just getting announced. You can always check the Gaylord site for events near the hotel & General Jackson. You can get a nice tour package with rooms & tickets to events. Gaylord is good at providing bus transit from the hotel & downtown for Ryman & Hall of fame events.

Hope the hockey dispute can be settled soon. Not sure how quickly the arena can be filled with acts if there is no Predator season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville