Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 AM

50 posts, read 108,529 times

Advertisements

I do a variety of things. I am involved in a group that is crossfit like, minus the heavy heavy lifting. While we do use barbells it's more about incorporating more repetitions with cardio and agility training. I'm not sure ill be able to find a duplicate there so maybe starting out with a crossfit over there is what I'll need to do while I'm finding my groove. I just know a lot of people who are in excellent shape who have really injured themselves doing crossfit and it scares me a little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 10:53 AM

230 posts, read 408,880 times
Thanks for the biking information. i forgot to check that out when I was just down there. Why is Natchez Trace considered a biking road? is there a wide berth? I saw a huge cycling group checking in at Loveless Cafe when I was there.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:54 AM

372 posts, read 593,412 times
I think safety is a valid concern. You have to know when you are pushing it too hard. You have to really know your body well and not get overly concerned with PRing, imo. It may be a good way to meet folks since Crossfit is really in to building community.

I would check out Crossfit Middle Tennessee (in Franklin) and Crossfit Music City.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:59 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller91 View Post
Why is Natchez Trace considered a biking road? is there a wide berth? I saw a huge cycling group checking in at Loveless Cafe when I was there.
Because it is a scenic, winding highway operated by the National Park Service, which prohibits semi and dump truck traffic.

It's not like an interstate; people don't use it because they are trying to get somewhere in a hurry. It's for recreational travelers.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:37 AM

39 posts, read 75,739 times
I just got back from Franklin, TN to see if I wanted to move there...I now live in NYC and never thought anything could make me want to move. After going to Franklin and seeing how beautiful it is and how friendly the ppl are and how much less expensive it is from NYC, I am thrilled to be leaving NY and Im moving in 3 weeks. SOOOOO EXCITED! LOVE FRANKLIN! Green Hills is gorgeous too...beautiful

Old 12-06-2012, 10:33 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,032 times
The speed limit on the Trace is only 50 mph AND it's enforced!

Pamela - glad you enjoyed Franklin! Green Hills is very nice, too, although the traffic near the mall is . . . . frustrating at best.

I got lost going to World Market Cost Plus the other day and happened upon the most GLORIOUS of older houses. I was with a RE agent at the time who said they are beautiful from the outside but because of their age require a LOT of updating - they are drafty, iron pipes, etc. But from the outside? Really lovely!

Old 12-06-2012, 10:51 AM

50 posts, read 108,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela1961e View Post
I just got back from Franklin, TN to see if I wanted to move there...I now live in NYC and never thought anything could make me want to move. After going to Franklin and seeing how beautiful it is and how friendly the ppl are and how much less expensive it is from NYC, I am thrilled to be leaving NY and Im moving in 3 weeks. SOOOOO EXCITED! LOVE FRANKLIN! Green Hills is gorgeous too...beautiful
Very exciting! I'm a native NY'er and moving to Franklin soon too! Have you found a place to live yet?

Old 12-06-2012, 11:50 AM

Yes, I got a gorgeous apartment at the Alara Farms at Cool Springs...its absolutely beautiful! I move in 3 weeks! I swore I would never leave NYC. I was born here and I love the city...in fact before I visited Franklin I already had my mind set that I would hate it there...but after spending a week there, I am so excited to move, I am happy to leave the city now! When are you moving? are you moving for work or family?? My email is Pamela1961e@aol.com so you can email me if you want...Pamela

Old 12-06-2012, 04:35 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,032 times
Pamela - we ALWAYS have people looking for nice apartment complexes. I checked their website and there are no prices . . would you mind sharing the price range with the board so people will know if it's in their range or not? I am guessing $1,000 but maybe it's $1200? Everyone seems to be asking about a 1 bed/1 bath if you happen to know? Of course, I'm sure the rates change but even a ballpark would be helpful.

Ah, you're on the East side of 65 . . . A couple of restaurants to try are Swanky Taco, Noshville, and Wholy Crepe!

Old 12-07-2012, 12:07 PM

Oh sure! Here is their price list at the farms:

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartm...l-Springs/203/

Yes Noshville is right next to my apartment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville