Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 12:41 PM

3 posts, read 22,459 times

Advertisements

Any real eastate appraisers/agents have an estimate of the cost to clear Alan's property and build his house and guesthouse? Current value of the property?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 01:57 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
I'm so curious as to why you're interested. Do you mind is I ask why?

Old 10-10-2007, 08:22 AM

Default Alan Jackson's farm in Franklin

I'm a Georgian, as Alan is, and am a long-time fan of his music. I'm just curious about his estate, as it is exactly the style house I would build, if I had the money. Was there another farmhouse where his now sits? It looks as if there might have been.
Does the farm property "straddle" the Harpeth River, or does the property line stop at the river's edge? Was that sugar cane or corn in his fields a month ago, ruined by the lack of rain?

Old 10-10-2007, 08:27 AM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
I can't imagine a realtor giving out information about a specific individuals real estate, etc. on an internet site (if at all). If you feel that you need to know this information I would suggest looking up county records and/or contacting the individual.

I am sure you are a nice person and a devoted fan; but your post comes off as a bit stalkerish and nosy.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:12 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,873,009 times
I just saw Alan Jackson in concert on Sunday night here in Arizona

Old 10-11-2007, 10:40 AM

I'm as far from a stalker as one can get, but I may be a little nosy. But don't you think the cost of his lovely farm crosses the minds of at least a few other fans? I'll check county records next time I am in the Franklin property tax records office.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:50 PM

334 posts, read 1,281,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awallace View Post
I'm a Georgian, as Alan is, and am a long-time fan of his music. I'm just curious about his estate, as it is exactly the style house I would build, if I had the money. Was there another farmhouse where his now sits? It looks as if there might have been.
Does the farm property "straddle" the Harpeth River, or does the property line stop at the river's edge? Was that sugar cane or corn in his fields a month ago, ruined by the lack of rain?
I've seen the records on this just out of curiousity, but your questions do seem a bit odd. Build a house that suits your tastes, instead of a carbon of Alan's.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:16 AM

16 posts, read 99,101 times
There is no consumer protection here.... you should be able to find this out easily.... just google it.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:52 PM

1 posts, read 6,987 times
Default keep in mind his bills

I try to remember that he has large bills that go with that large house, all of them. I sure wouldn't want to have to pay for all that! Can you imagine his ELECTRICITY bill?! YIKES!!!

No, thank you to the big house or the big bills. I want to relax, not worry about the bills. I'd get a regular house with a big yard for the kids to run, decent security, then sock a ton of that money away into the future for my kids, grandkids, etc. Then give a ton away in charity. Like buy somebody a car or give them some cash at the drive-thru, stuff like that, like Elvis used to do. That would be fun. I'd give a little to some relatives that have been nice to me over the years, but too many of them have been turds to me, so they'd be left out.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:55 PM
BNB

172 posts, read 691,879 times
I'd love to have that kind of property...but not that big of an estate...but..beautful nonetheless. I am a fan as well. :-) I admire Alana's talent and accomplishments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: