Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2012, 12:25 PM

50 posts, read 114,698 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me anything about Spring Hill?
We were looking at relocating to Franklin (my husband will be working in Nashville) but the rental home prices in Franklin are outrageous! We still want to be in the Williamson County Schools... and want to be in a family friendly area, as we have a 6 and 7 year old and I am a teacher.
Any thoughts on Spring Hill?
We wanted to keep our rental budget around $1500 or below.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 01:19 PM

Or Thompson's Station --- anyone?

Old 11-17-2012, 02:26 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,032 times
When I was looking to buy a house here, I contemplated Spring Hill. My friend who lives here and I jumped on the highway (65) and drove south. And we kept driving and driving . . it seemed like a very long drive. About 25 minutes from Franklin and 40 from Nashville on a good day. That said the houses are cheaper. More house for your dollar. And I hear there's starting to be more stores there but if you wanted to go to a mall you'd have to come to Cool Springs (Franklin).

This is the age old real estate question. Is it REALLY all about Location? I just watched HGTV - a guy buying a house in Henderson NV (outside of Vegas). $200,000. 5 bedrooms, stunning kitchen, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances, and a POOL! Wow . . .

Maybe Spring Hill will 'boom' with more amenities and therefore more jobs. If you are a teacher, you'd have way more opportunities around Franklin than Spring Hill. Do you mind driving 25 minutes each way to work? To entertainment? Ballet class? Whatever . . . .

The same with Thompson Station - you'll probably find yourself driving a lot.

But yes, you'd still be in the Williamson County school district and lots of families live in Spring Hill. I think TS is a bit more 'rural' at the moment.

There ARE rentals in Franklin for $1500:

RealTracs Real Estate Mid-South Search Results

In Fieldstone Farms, (Prescott Place) those are both small 2 bedroom condos right near the elementary school (Hunters Bend). McKays Mill is nice but your top end. My sister just bought one of those condos in Prescott Place for herself and her two girls.

Here is an apartment complex in Franklin that's well situated:

Viera Cool Springs - Apartments for Rent in Franklin, TN | About Us

And here is a condo for rent at Brentwood Pointe, very close to the Cool Springs mall - 3 bedrooms

RealTracs Mid-South Real Estate Property Finder Listing Details

If you are looking for cheaper rent, then yes, Spring Hill but be prepared to do a lot of driving. Including your husbands commute. But if you think you can get by on less space to start, then Franklin has a lot to offer, including location. You have to decide what in what order your priorities are.

(big help, huh???)

Old 11-17-2012, 05:02 PM

I REALLY want to be in Franklin. Fieldstone Farms is where I REALLY want to live, but I am not sure I am ready to swing 2k on rent. Thank you for your help!!!

Old 11-17-2012, 05:04 PM

I have a boy and girl, so I need a 3 bedroom minimum. If I could find something up to $1700 in Franklin, I'd rather be there..... I'm looking around the May timeframe. Really hoping to get a job teaching before we move. (That will be the determining factor on how high we go in rent).

Old 11-17-2012, 05:51 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,032 times
Well if you REALLY want to be in Franklin, then you should plan on it! Here is a house in Fieldstone Farms with 3 bedrooms for $1550. So it's certainly possible and when you add up what you'd save in time and gas DRIVING up to Franklin, you'd probably break even.

http://www.realtracs.com/PropertyDet...NfYU0EMNzZXVNg

PM me and I'll send you my email address. Remind me in April to check the little message board for Fieldstone Farms to see if there are any rentals listed on there (it's just for residents).

If not Fieldstone then in the area . . . I'm sure you can find something that will work. Think Positive!!!

Old 11-17-2012, 07:10 PM

Thanks so much! Sent you a message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville