Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2012, 11:45 AM

56 posts, read 176,290 times

Advertisements

Both Creive Hall and Caldwell Hall look like very convenient areas to live as far as getting around Nashville, but my research shows a fair amount of crime in those areas. Can anyone comment on the relative safety of living in those areas? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 11:58 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Crieve Hall is more of a desirable area. It is a safe area, not an area where you have a lot of violent crime like home invasions, shootings, etc.

If anything, it has property crimes, but the kind that can be dealt with through heightened homeowner security (locking up stuff, locked doors, not leaving bikes out etc.) and common sense (not leaving your iPad on the front sea of your car at night.)

FWIW, I would live there.

This older link has a lot of good info:

Help! Family moving to Nashville- is 37211 a good choice???

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 12-27-2012 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: link

Old 12-27-2012, 02:04 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,332,110 times
Crieve Hall is as safe as any of the surrounding burbs. It's more or less a suburb itself...just happens to be within the city limits.

Everywhere has crime of some kind. There have been car burglary sprees lately in reputable, safe and quiet Spring Hill and Mount Juliet. Drug crimes of some sort exist just about everywhere. Violent crime is mostly quite low in the suburbs (and suburban areas of the city of Nashville) and many times involves parties that know one another.

It's hard to get an accurate picture of an area if you are using a crime map or just raw data. I would say your odds of being a victim of random violent crime in the middle of Crieve Hall are exceptionally low.

Caldwell/Abbay Hall...I think it might depend a little more on where you are. I don't think of that as a dangerous area, but a lot of it is closer to a large commercial zone that can bring some.....interesting characters. The other big neighbor is the zoo (beware of escaped lions and tigers! er...kidding. Don't think that has actually happened...yet) and a decent sized office park.

If I were looking for a house in either one of those areas, I would try to stay at least a few streets away from Harding Place or Nolensville Rd. Those are major thoroughfares, and while not dangerous per se, they tend to attract some wanderers whom you might not want to see walking so close to your home.

Crieve Hall south of Blackman should be just fine. Caldwell...eh...I can't say I'm quite as familiar with that area. My instinct tells me the more north and west you are, the better. Then again, that puts you even closer to a very busy rail yard.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:41 AM

56 posts, read 176,290 times
Actually, the house I am looking at is right on Blackman. From the above posts, Blackman sounds like sort of a boundary between pretty good and transitioning to bad. Sound like an accurate assessment?

Old 12-28-2012, 12:26 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,332,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepster View Post
Actually, the house I am looking at is right on Blackman. From the above posts, Blackman sounds like sort of a boundary between pretty good and transitioning to bad. Sound like an accurate assessment?
It's not a sharp boundary, just a general one. I think you should still be OK.

And to be PC, "bad" would depend on one's perception. It's not ghetto, by any means. I wouldn't fear patronizing any of the businesses along Nolensville Rd, especially during daylight hours. I guess I would call it an "increased awareness area."

As for the house on Blackman...curious...is it west (Briarwood Dr area) or east (Danby Dr area)? Not going to suggest that's some sort of dividing line (I honestly couldn't tell you). But I like the houses and lots to the west better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville