Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 12:44 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,766,509 times

Advertisements

I'm from South Florida, particularly the Carol City/Miami Lakes area, and although there are some things that tick me off in Nashville like how people drive and every now and then people seem all up in your business, overall I really like the area. Some posters on here think my account of Nashville is all negative because they see a few negative posts by me sometimes, but overall I would say the positives outweight the negatives here. I didn't really choose to live here because of loosing the income I had in Orlando, but I have adapted to this place and I would say if you are looking for someplace that has overall good people, a culture/history feel to it, and lots of stuff to do then come here. It may be different to what you're used to, but it's a great place for families and the rents are lower here. For example, you could get a decent one bedroom apartment here where it doesn't feel as if people will rob you each day for $450-$600 a month, in Orlando, that puts you in the ghetto and in Miami it's the same. Nashville has it's crime and hotspots no doubt, but the mentallity here is that people help people which is different from where I came from. Hope this helps people looking to move here from Orlando or Miami...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 10:28 AM

50 posts, read 198,543 times
Hey Rob. I am actually hailing from St. Pete/Tampa, FL. I will be moving to Nashville once my lease is up in June...actually moving to the Lebanon area...any thoughts about that location? I will be visiting for my birthday in February as well as the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area because I want to see the mountains as well...I'm stoked!

Old 01-09-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotPirate View Post
Hey Rob. I am actually hailing from St. Pete/Tampa, FL. I will be moving to Nashville once my lease is up in June...actually moving to the Lebanon area...any thoughts about that location? I will be visiting for my birthday in February as well as the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area because I want to see the mountains as well...I'm stoked!
Don't know too much about Lebanon except for driving through there. Maybe someone else who has been there or lived there can speak more on it. As far as Nashville, it's got good things and bad things compared to Florida and is really different, but the good outweighs the bad.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:12 AM

554 posts, read 973,097 times
I too am probably moving to Nashville from Fla. I live in St. Pete and I absolutly love it here, however the jobs are not here. I am flying out later today for an interview in Brentwood tomorrow. If I get the job, I will be relocating in about 2 weeks or so. I did live in Atlanta for 25yrs so I am somewhat familiar with the area.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:36 AM

If you 'love' Florida that much brotha, don't come here full fledged, until u at least visit. If I had the money I would still be in Florida as a single man, but if you have kids, this is a better place.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:08 PM

26,111 posts, read 48,696,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotPirate View Post
Dude, what happened to Denver? We were expecting you to come play in the snow with us...
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:38 PM

3 posts, read 6,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I'm from South Florida, particularly the Carol City/Miami Lakes area, and although there are some things that tick me off in Nashville like how people drive and every now and then people seem all up in your business, overall I really like the area. Some posters on here think my account of Nashville is all negative because they see a few negative posts by me sometimes, but overall I would say the positives outweight the negatives here. I didn't really choose to live here because of loosing the income I had in Orlando, but I have adapted to this place and I would say if you are looking for someplace that has overall good people, a culture/history feel to it, and lots of stuff to do then come here. It may be different to what you're used to, but it's a great place for families and the rents are lower here. For example, you could get a decent one bedroom apartment here where it doesn't feel as if people will rob you each day for $450-$600 a month, in Orlando, that puts you in the ghetto and in Miami it's the same. Nashville has it's crime and hotspots no doubt, but the mentallity here is that people help people which is different from where I came from. Hope this helps people looking to move here from Orlando or Miami...

Hey Rob, I currently live in orlando with wife and 2 young kids, I am not a big fan of Orlando and I want to move to a better place thats just better than Orlando to raise kids. a more family oriented safe environment i guess. I work for an airline and thinking about transferring there to BNA. Can you tell me more about where I could look to rent in a safe neighborhood. I would prefer somewhere close to BNA airport. I currently live about 20 minutes to Orlando airport and would hope to have the same amount of commute time in Nashville, THX

Old 09-03-2013, 10:28 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,052,221 times
BNA is a nice airport - live music! Not as big as Orlando though. What is your rental budget? High rate of occupancy here at the moment so not as much to choose from. So, how much can you spend and how many bedrooms will you need?

Old 09-03-2013, 12:10 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,258,832 times
As CG2B said, budget is important.

I would probably look primarily along the I-40 corridor. Donelson (just north of the airport), Hermitage (a little farther east), and Mount Juliet (farther east). There are definitely other areas of town that could work, but I think for a renter, it would probably be good to pick somewhere close to work and then explore around a little bit until you find what fits you best.

If you don't mind a little airplane noise, Donelson would be a great pick IMO. You would have a 5-10 minute commute (no interstate), and the area is reasonably safe.

With school age kids, Mount Juliet is probably the best choice...but that will matter more for middle and high school.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:05 PM

722 posts, read 2,093,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
As CG2B said, budget is important.

I would probably look primarily along the I-40 corridor. Donelson (just north of the airport), Hermitage (a little farther east), and Mount Juliet (farther east). There are definitely other areas of town that could work, but I think for a renter, it would probably be good to pick somewhere close to work and then explore around a little bit until you find what fits you best.

If you don't mind a little airplane noise, Donelson would be a great pick IMO. You would have a 5-10 minute commute (no interstate), and the area is reasonably safe.

With school age kids, Mount Juliet is probably the best choice...but that will matter more for middle and high school.
agreed. If BNA is where you work, I would choose Mt. Juliet. Good schools, good place to raise a family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville