Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 04:09 PM

813 posts, read 2,032,033 times

Advertisements

It looks like the N.Y. Times continues its Nashville fixation. Here's their latest article with some perspectives on the current state of Music City.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/09/us...1&_r=0&src=twr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 04:18 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,336,011 times
Well at least this one appears to be more objective instead of gushing over a bunch of trendy crap. I'll give them that.

I'm not surprised by the national attention we're getting...especially in the media's quest to find something "new" (or in other words, something they didn't know about), but I'm still confused by the amount of attention we're getting from the Times in particular.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:56 PM

50 posts, read 108,613 times
I better hurry up and buy a house

Old 01-09-2013, 09:19 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
Great article...very balanced and I like that they explored the long term implications of the Music City Center. I agreed with the thought that long term growth is fostered better when a city focuses on citizens and not tourists...BUT I think the MCC is a sorely needed boost to the SoBro area and genuinely needed to continue the growth in the city's inner core. If SoBro becomes as revitalized as they expect (and it seems it is well on its way) then lots of jobs, homes, and new residents will be created.

Let's hope that ABC's "Nashville" has the kind of run that "Dallas" did.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:40 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,091,879 times
Yes, thanks for sharing the article.

I sent it to all my friends who thought I was crazy for moving here . . . . .

Go Nashville!

Old 01-09-2013, 01:33 PM

332 posts, read 344,457 times
It was a good article. I wanted them to explore more on the education and transportation issues Nashville has, and it only seems as if the big city traffic issues will get worse.

However, with this type of hype (of being in the NY Times), people will want to move here even more.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:54 PM

22 posts, read 34,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Yes, thanks for sharing the article.

I sent it to all my friends who thought I was crazy for moving here . . . . .

Go Nashville!
Yeah that happened to me too. Now some of them want to move here as well.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:33 PM

157 posts, read 347,577 times
I'm a born and raised New Yorker who visited Nashville with a friend back in October. All I can say is: wow, I'm impressed. I've started contemplating a move south and Nashville is definitely one of the cities on my list. My main reason to come down was for a Little Big Town and Rascal Flatts show (yes, I'm a New Yorker who loves country music). While visiting your lovely city, I was impressed by how incredibly nice and welcoming everyone was, even when I told them I'm a Yankee! The BBQ we got to experience was out of this world (they don't know BBQ up here). I was even impressed with some of the finer dining establishments in the area, it's not something I would have expected from Nashville. Unfortunately we were unable to get a reservation in at the Catbird Seat, which came as very highly recommended to us. The worst part about my trip? I didn't get to spend enough time in your fine city. Many of my friends up here in New York can't understand why I love Nashville so much now. That's okay, though; they're surely missing out!

Old 01-09-2013, 03:52 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,053,499 times
That's a cool article. Congrats people.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:57 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,727,785 times
Congrats on the article. I lived in Nashville many moons ago, but always felt it was a great place to live and work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville