Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 11:44 AM

23 posts, read 79,982 times

Advertisements

Hi All.
I was hoping to get some feedback on football in Nashville. My family and I will be moving next year but we are die hard NY Giants fans. Although we have nothing against the Titans, we were hoping to get a feel for what we were in for. Currently we live outside Philly and we aren't likes so well. While in Nashville, we found more College paraphenalia than NFL.

What's the football culture like? Also, any Giants fans out there??

Thanks!
Deb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 11:51 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,204,585 times
Oh, there's a few fans for just about any team.

There's more college stuff probably sold at various places around town but at one time the Titans sold more stuff than any other team in the NFL. That's probably slowed down a little now; I don't see quite as many Titans car flags as I once did . . . as as many laying by the side of the road. ;-)

No one is going to dislike you for being a Giants fan.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:14 PM

1,177 posts, read 4,155,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle's Mommy View Post
Hi All.
I was hoping to get some feedback on football in Nashville. My family and I will be moving next year but we are die hard NY Giants fans. Although we have nothing against the Titans, we were hoping to get a feel for what we were in for. Currently we live outside Philly and we aren't likes so well. While in Nashville, we found more College paraphenalia than NFL.

Thanks!
Deb
Doesn't matter who you root for as long as you root for somebody. It's the ones that don't root for anybody that we might have questions about

Old 10-22-2007, 02:15 PM

I'm right in the middle of UT and Vandy country(Titans also) but I played for Alabama and I haven't been shot at yet.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle's Mommy View Post
Hi All.

Thanks!
Deb
Also, start practicing saying "Hi Ya'll" instead of 'Hi All'.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbone View Post
I'm right in the middle of UT and Vandy country(Titans also) but I played for Alabama and I haven't been shot at yet.
We only shoot at Florida fans. But only to wound!

;-)

Old 10-22-2007, 05:50 PM

32 posts, read 133,385 times
I prefer the college game (Ole Miss) but I root for the New Orleans Saints and the Titans. I pull for Eli, but I wouldnt call myself a Giants fan.

I think you will be fine here. I go to the sports bars on some sundays and I always notice plenty of non-titans jerseys. I know that there are Steeler, Bills, and Jets backer clubs in town.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:22 PM

35 posts, read 100,906 times
In the south, college football is a king although in Nashville, Titans are pretty popular. Most of college fans here are UT, Vandy, Alabama and other SEC teams.

I also notice more and more Broncos fan here because their QB was a Vandy player. You can see from the NFL coverage map, NFL TV Distribution Maps - CBS Week 2 - Late Game, they had Oakland@Denver game in Middle TN area.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:17 PM

43 posts, read 144,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbone View Post

We are moving to Brentwood/Franklin area in January. We live in Alabama and I have always lived here in Alabama. Huge Alabama fans but also pull for Tennessee except when they are playing Bama.
I am currently in real estate classes and noticed you are a realtor. I am hoping I will "fit in" at our new home state.

Donna

Old 10-23-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaye View Post
We are moving to Brentwood/Franklin area in January. We live in Alabama and I have always lived here in Alabama. Huge Alabama fans but also pull for Tennessee except when they are playing Bama.
I am currently in real estate classes and noticed you are a realtor. I am hoping I will "fit in" at our new home state.

Donna
Oh, everyone fits in when it comes to football around here. It gives everyone a chance to play "Monday morning quarterback" the next week. I work with a bunch of Vandy fans, UT fans . . . that the Vandy fans make fun of (Q: "What does an old UT grad call an old Vandy grad?" A: "Boss."), one rabid Auburn fan, one UCLA fan, two Duke fans, one excuse-making LSU fan, one Kentucky fan who usually doesn't say anything until basketball season, two Michigan State fans, and some other misfits.

At the end of the day we all get along.

Last edited by alleycat; 10-23-2007 at 12:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville