Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 07:21 AM

83 posts, read 142,391 times

Advertisements

I had lunch with a friend yesterday who is very familiar with Nashville and she said that East Nashville is very hip at the moment. Lots of hipsters. She said there are some sketchy areas (like anywhere else) but overall, it's safe and an up-and-coming area of the city.

Is this true? I'm thinking about renting there and want to get a feel for the community. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 07:31 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Here are some recent threads on this topic so you can read at your leisure ...

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=2943106

Old 03-06-2013, 07:48 AM

610 posts, read 1,624,001 times
wmsn...link broken

Old 03-06-2013, 08:04 AM

Thanks. Hmm...

I just clicked it, and it shows the list of recent CD threads I was referring to.

Is that what you see?

Old 03-06-2013, 08:06 AM

569 posts, read 1,425,435 times
The only thing I will follow up with in addition to the link Wmsn provided is that East Nashville is a HUGE area. There are lots and lots of neighborhoods here. You will find every type of person. Young, old, rich, poor, gay, straight, hip, not hip, Democrat and even some Republicans. Some neighborhoods are quite safe and others are still in transition. For instance, Lockeland Springs is about as transitioned as it's going to get. MDHA is in the process of transforming the Cayce Homes....so that will probably change the landscape as well. Since I live very close to Cayce...I'm very interested in the outcome. As far as your original question...if you are looking for hipsters...you will find them. But, you don't have to be a hipster to live in EN either.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:39 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
I get a message "NO MATCHES" . . . .

Old 03-06-2013, 08:46 AM

Ok, sorry for the bad link.

OP, on the main Nashville page, click the blue tab on the right side of the page that says, "Search this Forum."

Then type in key words such as "East Nashville," "hip," "article," etc. It will bring up all the recent threads that deal with this question.

There have been a half-dozen articles in national publications over the past 6 months that discuss East Nashville in particular. Here is one ...

//www.city-data.com/forum/nashv...-ny-times.html

Here's my favorite local article on the subject:

http://www.nashvillescene.com/bites/...our-food-bikes

Old 03-06-2013, 09:37 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springisnew13 View Post
I had lunch with a friend yesterday who is very familiar with Nashville and she said that East Nashville is very hip at the moment. Lots of hipsters. She said there are some sketchy areas (like anywhere else) but overall, it's safe and an up-and-coming area of the city.

Is this true? I'm thinking about renting there and want to get a feel for the community. Thanks!
Don't bother, we've been discovered. It's only a matter of time until the hipsters pack up and move on to some ironic city that you have probably never heard of.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:21 PM

933 posts, read 2,742,475 times
You don't have to be a hipster to enjoy being able to walk to restaurants, coffee shops, grocery stores...Like others have said, there are ALL kinds of people in East Nashville. Also, like others have said, East Nashville is a pretty large area, encompassing many neighborhoods. I laugh when I hear people wanting safe walkable neighborhoods and people posting on here don't mention Lockeland Springs and Eastwood Neighbors. These are probably two of the MOST walkable neighborhoods in Nashville and are very safe. They are so much more walkable than neighborhoods like Sylvan Park, 12 South, or "Berry Hill" it's off the charts. You can walk/ride your bike to so many restaurants, shops, music venues, Shelby Park, downtown Nashville...etc...only Hillsboro Village is in the same league as far as walkable and safe neighborhoods.

Last edited by yank283; 03-06-2013 at 05:30 PM..

Old 03-06-2013, 05:46 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
You don't have to be a hipster to enjoy being able to walk to restaurants, coffee shops, grocery stores...Like others have said, there are ALL kinds of people in East Nashville. Also, like others have said, East Nashville is a pretty large area, encompassing many neighborhoods. I laugh when I hear people wanting safe walkable neighborhoods and people posting on here don't mention Lockeland Springs and Eastwood Neighbors. These are probably two of the MOST walkable neighborhoods in Nashville and are very safe. They are so much more walkable than neighborhoods like Sylvan Park, 12 South, or "Berry Hill" it's off the charts. You can walk/ride your bike to so many restaurants, shops, music venues, Shelby Park, downtown Nashville...etc...only Hillsboro Village is in the same league as far as walkable and safe neighborhoods.
It's true that Lockeland Springs and Eastwood get overlooked more often than they should. Lots of great houses over that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville