Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 05:00 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,348,365 times

Advertisements

This nest is on the ground in my flower beds which I have to begin mulching. It has green eggs in it, and I have not seen any birds around. There is a community pond accross the street and I'm not sure if they are from a duck that frequent there. All that I know is that i don't want these eggs on my property. I'm scared I'll get attacked by an animal if sweep them up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 05:06 PM

374 posts, read 691,361 times
What a shame. So many of us would love to have our own private episode of "Wild Kingdom" in our backyard. What's the problem?

Old 04-07-2013, 05:55 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,706,569 times
Your best bet is to leave it alone. No official agency will do anything to move it, and wildlife folks will tell you that they can't touch it.

As soon as the eggs hatch, the animals will move on.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:12 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,289,001 times
MMMMmmm....scrambled eggs.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
MMMMmmm....scrambled eggs.
Oh no you di'int!

GREEN eggs and ham!

Old 04-07-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucrose View Post
What a shame. So many of us would love to have our own private episode of "Wild Kingdom" in our backyard. What's the problem?
Its in my front yard and my sons wedding is this month. I can't stand the look of it! I really need it moved to the pond at least.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:26 PM

If you really really want to move it, have your son get a shovel and wheelbarrow and take it to the pond.

Nothing that lays eggs will get him if he has a shovel.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:26 PM

4,705 posts, read 25,228,861 times
Is your son getting married in the front yard?

I guess i'm surprised that you would go to the trouble of asking an internet forum what you should do, when it appears you have already decided what you are going to do.
If you move it, the eggs will likely not survive. So either go ahead and throw it in the trash now, or just leave it alone until nature takes its course.
By the way, I would think that 95% of the people coming to the wedding would find the nest interesting. IMHO.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:07 PM

83 posts, read 374,266 times
If you want them moved throw them away NOW so the poor bird can establish a new nest in a friendlier place. Once you disturb the nest birds will abandon it anyway. What size are the eggs?

With green eggs the only bird I would worry about attacking me would be an Emu. I don't believe there are many of those running around in TN or in the USA for that matter so go ahead and destroy the poor birds hard work.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNkudzu View Post
If you want them moved throw them away NOW so the poor bird can establish a new nest in a friendlier place. Once you disturb the nest birds will abandon it anyway. What size are the eggs?

With green eggs the only bird I would worry about attacking me would be an Emu. I don't believe there are many of those running around in TN or in the USA for that matter so go ahead and destroy the poor birds hard work.
They were big eggs and they were moved. My landscaper moved them. They looked like real eggs but green, and I know there is such thing as a hen that lays green eggs because I saw that at a cheese farm in Leipers fauk. This looked nasty with feathers all around and it made me worry about ants. There were about 12 eggs. It was right near my front door and I don't live in the country. I live near the Brentwood Williamson County border.
I asked because someone suggested the elington Agricultural center. I lost my husband almost 3 years ago and this week would have been my 38th anniversary. I also had problems looking for health insurance. A local broker tried scaming me, but I found out and had my bank stop payments. I did not need anything to the end of June because I have cobra until then. For now on I only deal with a company direct or with a plan that the state of TN Issues, Access TN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville