Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 10:37 PM

933 posts, read 2,742,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyrussell94 View Post
Oh and Nashville Biscuit House in Inglewood is good if you want the Southern vibe. The food is just OK though.

And yeah, this is the South man! No diners...
I'll second the Nashville Biscuit House (it's actually in East Nashville, not Inglewood)...the breakfest is really good, the meat and three is a bit more average but not bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 05:06 PM

701 posts, read 2,030,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
To the OP . . . we don't have "diners" down here. New England, New Jersey, even in PA . . but not here. I think that's why a couple of us said Noshville as it's as close as you'll get to diner food.
I've found this disappointing since moving here. Love diners.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:20 PM

813 posts, read 2,031,772 times
^ I feel like I have been complaining for years about our lack of good quality diners. A 24 hour one would make a killing around the popular hot spots especially Lower Broadway.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:20 PM

49 posts, read 86,008 times
If yall don't like it then go back to the north mhm! lol

Old 05-30-2013, 05:32 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,785,752 times
I'm wondering why they have them in E. Tenn but not the Nashville area. There was a great 50s diner in Pigeon Forge, but can't remember the name. Maybe it's not a Southern/Northern thing, but a Nashville thing? Dunno.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:03 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
The closest thing I have found in TN is in Chattanooga! Where else can you get Greek, Italian, Seafood, Omelets and Gyros in one place? It's called the City Cafe Diner and it's open 24/7.

Welcome to City Cafe'

Old 05-30-2013, 04:27 PM

49 posts, read 86,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
I'm wondering why they have them in E. Tenn but not the Nashville area. There was a great 50s diner in Pigeon Forge, but can't remember the name. Maybe it's not a Southern/Northern thing, but a Nashville thing? Dunno.
Pigeon Forge and the Smokies attract a lot of Northern tourists. I travel throughout the South and never see Diners. Totally a Northern thing, shame though I love diners!

Old 06-03-2013, 12:06 AM

216 posts, read 346,687 times
I was all hopped up about the pancake pantry before moving down here, but once I braved the line a couple times, I pretty much was disenchanted. It's really not THAT great. I'm with Nashvols, I think Fido's is clearly better if it's a Hillsboro breakfast place shootout. Have fun at Loveless. That's on "the list", but haven't made it there yet. If you're a black coffee guy, the coffee at Fido's (Bongo Java) is superior to most every other breakfast place. If you do go to Fido's, make sure you get the baked cheese grits - ohh nelly!

Old 06-03-2013, 05:00 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,742,391 times
The Pied Piper Eatery in East Nashville. Porter Road & Riverside Drive.
The best breakfast around!

Old 06-03-2013, 06:39 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy2022 View Post
I was all hopped up about the pancake pantry before moving down here, but once I braved the line a couple times, I pretty much was disenchanted. It's really not THAT great. I'm with Nashvols, I think Fido's is clearly better if it's a Hillsboro breakfast place shootout. Have fun at Loveless. That's on "the list", but haven't made it there yet. If you're a black coffee guy, the coffee at Fido's (Bongo Java) is superior to most every other breakfast place. If you do go to Fido's, make sure you get the baked cheese grits - ohh nelly!
I'm a Pantry girl, but agree that Fido is wonderful, and is the CLEAR coffee winner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville