Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 05:44 AM

1,285 posts, read 2,355,887 times

Advertisements

Isn't Armani Exchange on the level of Coach? In fact, I think it's below it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 09:24 AM

813 posts, read 2,030,844 times
^ Correct. They're about the same level. Considering that we already have more than a handful of national retailers that are higher end and have more cachet than Armani Exchange, I'd say that the Nashville metro is well past ready for one. We're not talking about an Emporio Armani here. A|X stores are neither particularly exclusive nor expensive. It's just an option I threw out there that may work if CBL wanted to make Cools Springs more upscale. But it sounds like expectations should be tempered.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:35 AM

173 posts, read 296,648 times
Armani Exchange is more exclusive. Coach isn't so much anymore.

Nashville's small amount of national high end chains aren't enough to lure a store such as Armani Exchange.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:38 AM

2 posts, read 3,222 times
The phrase "high end" in the article sure does have a lot of y'all mislead. We aren't Atlanta... hell we aren't even Richmond or Charlotte..

Old 08-15-2013, 01:36 PM

813 posts, read 2,030,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
Crate and Barrel might be a possibility, but I think they would like to go to Green Hills before Cool Springs. Large retailers of that caliber tend to cluster with similar retailers. This means C&B would probably rather be near another store like West Elm in a proven submarket like Green Hills so that they are conveniently cross-shopped.
Looks like there's a strong chance I was on the mark regarding Crate & Barrel. They're testing a holiday pop-up store at the Mall at Green Hills. I had been hearing that they want into Green Hills for over a year now.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...nclick_check=1

Old 08-15-2013, 03:09 PM

838 posts, read 1,210,292 times
I was speaking to someone senior at the Cool Springs Sears store and they were told it would be early next year before they would be relocating. He said Sears in Cool Springs does too much business and they are looking for a stand alone location in the area. They wanted to stay in the mall but they were significantly outbid by whoever is coming in when they were renegotiating the lease. So Sears isn't leaving the Cool Springs area, just leaving the mall.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:13 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspray View Post
I was speaking to someone senior at the Cool Springs Sears store and they were told it would be early next year before they would be relocating. He said Sears in Cool Springs does too much business and they are looking for a stand alone location in the area. They wanted to stay in the mall but they were significantly outbid by whoever is coming in when they were renegotiating the lease. So Sears isn't leaving the Cool Springs area, just leaving the mall.
That is very interesting. It sure seems to indicate that whoever is replacing Sears is someone with deep pockets. I'm still crossing my fingers for Von Maur. It'll also be interesting to see where Sears ends up building its new store.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 08-16-2013, 04:18 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,543,931 times
Quote:
that is good because the only reason I go to Cool Springs Galleria most of the time is for the Lands End section of Sears

Old 08-16-2013, 04:20 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,543,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
That is very interesting. It sure seems to indicate that whoever is replacing Sears is someone with deep pockets. I'm still crossing my fingers for Von Maur. It'll also be interesting to see where Sears ends up building its new store.

I think the only space that might be remotely large enough would be over in the old Wild Oats although if HG GRegg's was smart their lease would prohibit another electronic/appliance retailer from leasing in the same strip mall.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:18 AM

914 posts, read 1,982,494 times
Quote:
That seems to be contradictory to what is going on nationally. Sears is closing stores right and left (roughly 100 this year alone). I just don't see them building new stores at this point until they can stop the hemorrhage that is going on. They are losing billions of dollars a year. They seem to have lost their luster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville