Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 02:22 AM

5 posts, read 12,228 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
My husband and I are moving down next year and we are looking at Christiana Elementary and for Mt. Juliet we are looking at Lakeview and Stoner Creek.
Does anyone know of any apartments or houses for rent in the area? Our max rent is about 850, we need at least a 3 bedroom.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 10:55 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,055,666 times
It's kind of a bit early to look for a house for rent a full year in advance. But this website might give you an idea of the rental prices in the area.

https://www.padmapper.com/

Old 07-14-2013, 12:16 PM

593 posts, read 1,349,384 times
850 would be tough in Mt. Juliet, particularly in the zones you're looking for. Having said that, any particular reason why you're zeroed in on just those two elementary schools? I mean, I'm biased toward Stoner Creek having put two kids through there, but the schools in Mt. Juliet are good in general. We know kids/parents at all of them (and teachers at most), there's no "bad zone" in Mt. Juliet. So I think you might be unnecessarily limiting your search.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:17 PM

49 posts, read 140,560 times
Hi Marybeth,

There are not too many homes for lease in Christiana, but there are lots in Murfreesboro. If you are considering Murfreesboro, it is VERY rare to find something for under $950 per month that is a 3 bedroom house. Most 3 bedrooms houses around here are at least $995 and up, unless they are small and vinyl siding or maybe a townhome. Mount Juliet is much higher. Properties go very fast here, so it would be in your best interest to call about 1.5 months before you plan to arrive to look around. I am in the sales and leasing business and have been for 12 years. I help handle over 400 properties in the area for lease, so trust me, this is accurate. Unfortunately, this is just the reality of it. I really wish I had better news for you!

Old 08-30-2013, 07:05 PM

192 posts, read 256,341 times
These locations are about 60 miles away from each other, one South of Nashville on i-65, one North on 1-40, totally different local cultures; Christiana is a rural enclave. You need more focused criteria. MT Juliet is a small town Nashville suburb going upscale, very beautiful but be sure you always stay 1 Mph under the speed limit! Why those two specific places and why one suburban upscale and the other so rural? You need to visit again and have someone drive you all around the area before you plant yourself 30-40 miles outside of Nashville, if you're going to live that far out you have many more options than just those two. I would suggest families start off in Franklin area or Brentwood where apts are plentiful, and again, the breadwinners job location is key. The driving in Nashville is something many people don't prepare for, I think we are third in the nation for most miles the average person drives in a day here, something like 50 and many people think nothing of 150 a day. I try to keep it to thirty a day and that's just for one round trip to work out at the Gym.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville