Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 03:33 PM

98 posts, read 232,496 times

Advertisements

Thought I would chime in .We left VanBC for the usa 23 .5 years ago.I/d never move back to canada, not because of weather, scenery , etc etc . When we left , we joked about not being able to afford to live on scenery in the suburbs of Vancouver.At the time we had 2 small children. Neither my wife or children or I could possibly imagine all the doors and opportunities for us to grow in the usa. Neither of us regrets it . Both of our families /relatives live in canada.People have to decide what is appropriate for them.If bugs, high heat and humidity bother you then , there are many other places to live .For us it is all about choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 04:54 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,325,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbozo13 View Post
People have to decide what is appropriate for them.If bugs, high heat and humidity bother you then , there are many other places to live .For us it is all about choices.
Absolutely. People are in search of different things. People have different priorities and needs. One person's heaven is another's hell, and so on.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:00 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelhound View Post
Have you even been here yet? Rent for a year. I can't imagine being from Vancouver and wanting to live here full time. No comparison. The competition in the music business instrument building or whatever is ridiculous and not worth it. I can't reiterate enough to people how important a visit first here is. It is still a small town and two decades away from resembling a city. It is not what it looks like in magazine articles and Tv shows. Many people in your position commute here years and never make the move, and if your Canadian again no comparison to your life in the fantastic city of Vancouver. And we have something called harvest mites, look it up, Vancouver doesn't have them. We had a great summer this year but usually it's a brutal mess for three months and Ill be retiring elsewhere. i'd hoped this was it but the bugs the heat and some other things i can't mention here are having me look up your way for at least living part of the year. i can't even go outside in the south from may until first cool night because of the biting bugs. In my senior years this is going to be a huge issue Im very athletic and i can't have infected itching bugs bites all summer year after year. Im also tired of the bigotry from being a Northerner. You have the Senior centers, the churches the bars/restaurants and endless benefits and events to buy tickets to all attended by the same few people.
"Harvest mites"?? LMAO

Honey, I have lived here 46 years and had NO IDEA what you were talking about until I Googled it.

They're called CHIGGERS.

You spray yourself with Off before you go out, and you're fine. Good lord.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:39 AM

98 posts, read 232,496 times
I get chigger bites every time I cut the grass in summer lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville