Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 10:52 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,062,335 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any slick ideas for leaving the Grand Old Opry parking lot after a show? I remember the last time it was a real struggle. Any short cuts or roundabouts? I'd even pay $20 to park at the hotel if it meant a cleaner escape . . .

Took my nieces into downtown Nashville last night as they had tickets for Taylor Swift. I had a few hours to hang around. Thank goodness for Panera Bread and the lobby at the Renaissance Hotel. The police blocked off a big stretch of Broadway when the show let out. I was impressed!

Any ideas most welcome. OF COURSE they put Deacon last . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 11:29 AM

201 posts, read 318,979 times
I heard that it was pretty dead on Broadway last night. Regular crowd scared off by a bunch of pre-teens and teenagers?

Hopefully tonight it'll be busier even though it's Taylor times 2.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:23 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,649,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Does anyone have any slick ideas for leaving the Grand Old Opry parking lot after a show? I remember the last time it was a real struggle. Any short cuts or roundabouts? I'd even pay $20 to park at the hotel if it meant a cleaner escape . . .

Took my nieces into downtown Nashville last night as they had tickets for Taylor Swift. I had a few hours to hang around. Thank goodness for Panera Bread and the lobby at the Renaissance Hotel. The police blocked off a big stretch of Broadway when the show let out. I was impressed!

Any ideas most welcome. OF COURSE they put Deacon last . . . .
You mean from the Opryland Hotel site?

We always park near the movie theater at the mall next door and walk over to the Opry House.

With only one exit to Briley Parkwat accessing the area, though, it all funnels into the same place.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:16 PM

201 posts, read 318,979 times
You could go north to McGavock Pike and then take Lebanon Pike either to downtown or cut across to the 40.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:59 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,717,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids78 View Post
You could go north to McGavock Pike and then take Lebanon Pike either to downtown or cut across to the 40.
McGavock is the only exit we use to get into that area. We never use the one down by Bass Pro.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:56 AM

Well, it was pretty busy before the show. Lots of little girls dressed in red - tutus, fedoras, t-shirts, little cowboy boots. Also, the Wiggles were at the Ryman so it was certainly a kid-centric evening. Saw a story on Channel 2 that said that parking was expensive - upwards of $20 for "Event Parking" which may have also sent some people home. There were a couple of vendors outside the venue trying to sell cold bottles of water and soda, only to find out that Coke (tour sponsors) were handing out cold mini-cans of Coke products to the exiting concert goers.

Thanks for the info on escaping. I will take a serious look at the map. Thought I saw a sneaky road . . . Two Rivers Parkway? Anyone ever take that? Will maybe try parking over at the movies . . . good idea. I want to BE there, but getting there and away is always a chore (for me).

Old 09-21-2013, 01:10 PM

Thanks for the info on escaping. I will take a serious look at the map. Thought I saw a sneaky road . . . Two Rivers Parkway? Anyone ever take that? Will maybe try parking over at the movies . . . good idea. I want to BE there, but getting there and away is always a chore (for me).

Two Rivers Parkway is the one that's always backed up out onto Briley. It's horrible at Christmastime.

If you come off of Briley at McGavock and go past the hotel to the back, there is a road that runs across the back of the hotel, and into the Opryhouse area & Opry Mills. I think its where the employees park, plus the greenhouses for the hotel are back there, and MTV used to store some of their equipment there as well. There's a few speedbumps back there, but it's better than sitting out on Briley waiting.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:22 PM

Thanks so much. Have printed out a couple of maps and will try to head towards the Exit 12 area. I can always just sit in the car until Midnight. Just hate lines when I am not sure where they lead? At least Taylor Swift is not playing the Opry. There's something at the Ryman AND at the Symphony tonight. Thanks again!

Old 09-21-2013, 01:23 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,649,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post

Two Rivers Parkway is the one that's always backed up out onto Briley. It's horrible at Christmastime.

If you come off of Briley at McGavock and go past the hotel to the back, there is a road that runs across the back of the hotel, and into the Opryhouse area & Opry Mills. I think its where the employees park, plus the greenhouses for the hotel are back there, and MTV used to store some of their equipment there as well. There's a few speedbumps back there, but it's better than sitting out on Briley waiting.
All roads back there are dead ends, unless you are heading north on Pennington Bend.

I guess you could take McGavock Pike down to Lebanon Pk to get back to Briley, but if you're coming from Franklin, all roads lead to Briley Parkway anyway.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:39 PM

You take McGavock just to the backside of the hotel. You don't take it all the way to the river.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville